Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: SuperSirex127
Discord: SuperSirex127#3917

Re: Cincinnati Metropolitan Area Sirens

Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:04 pm

Urbanexplorer wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:39 pm
I'm in Fort Thomas at the moment and just heard Newport's Modulators go off for 3 cycles of Wail. Anyone happen to know why?
are you sure it wasnt the EOWS-1212 in Southgate? they do a similar cycle for fire calls
Proud owner of 4 Model As(all in a state of disrepair), a USI siren, and a 16-port rotor from a Sterling M-10.

Kasey
YouTube Username: Kasey
Discord: Kasey#9793

Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:20 am

Bump, but does anyone know what happened to the T-128 at 5917 Prentice Street? It got removed for construction and appears to have never been put back up.
I have a thing for objects that light up or make noise.

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:47 am

It was moved to a different location, indicated around 19:25 in this video:

https://youtu.be/Th4w9a7AaQk
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

carexpertandy

Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:39 pm

Back in October, I posted that the T-128 in Greenhills appeared to be gone once again, as it was no longer next to Bargains and Buyouts on Enfield St. I rode through on Winton Road this morning, and saw one at a new location between the Community Building (where their old Thunderbolt used to sit atop) and the pool. So I’m not sure if it’s a new one or moved from the other location. The siren head at the other location was from 2017 and had the current ASC logo, while it still had the old control boxes with the previous logo from their original T-128.

Also, I was reading posts in other threads recently, and there was a mention of Werden retiring and trying to clear all of the old sirens he has. Is anyone able to provide more details on this?
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

sirensandfirealarms
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: SuperSirex127
Discord: SuperSirex127#3917

Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:26 pm

carexpertandy wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:39 pm
Back in October, I posted that the T-128 in Greenhills appeared to be gone once again, as it was no longer next to Bargains and Buyouts on Enfield St. I rode through on Winton Road this morning, and saw one at a new location between the Community Building (where their old Thunderbolt used to sit atop) and the pool. So I’m not sure if it’s a new one or moved from the other location. The siren head at the other location was from 2017 and had the current ASC logo, while it still had the old control boxes with the previous logo from their original T-128.

Also, I was reading posts in other threads recently, and there was a mention of Werden retiring and trying to clear all of the old sirens he has. Is anyone able to provide more details on this?
I talked to him in person shortly after he posted about selling his sirens, he told me that he wasn't retiring, just selling a lot of his old sirens since he hadn't done refurb work in a while.
Proud owner of 4 Model As(all in a state of disrepair), a USI siren, and a 16-port rotor from a Sterling M-10.

CincyTboltman
YouTube Username: W202fan

Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:57 pm

Late tonight into early tomorrow morning should be interesting. Getting my weather radio ready. Hopefully all systems work properly during a warning.
Siren enthusiast, gamer, car enthusiast.

CincyTboltman

Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:33 pm

Mason just got another 2001-130. It was recently installed next to Hope Church on Western Row Road. This replaced a first gen 2001 DC.

West Shore Services must be having a good time down here.

carexpertandy

Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:56 am

Back on New Year’s Day, I saw the 2001-130 next to Crossroads Church.

CincyTboltman

Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:19 pm

carexpertandy wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:56 am
Back on New Year’s Day, I saw the 2001-130 next to Crossroads Church.
That must be around the same time they installed the new 130 by Fleckenstein park.

There's 3 2001 130's in the new system now. All of them replaced second gen 2001 DC's that were most likely installed around 1990-1992.

carexpertandy

Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:30 am

I’ve just been told that a replacement was finally installed for the T-128 at Springdale Rd & Hamilton Ave that got taken out by a car sometime in the last couple years. The new siren was installed around the corner of Burlington Rd & Hamilton (the north intersection closer to I-275, the two roads meet twice.)

Return to “Community Systems”