Alasiren1977

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:38 am

I do the same to my neighbors in my apartment! I think the couple upstairs from me can hear me doing the same thing, the only thing is I don't think they speak English very well, so I know they wouldn't say anything. I have received some very weird looks from them though. Oops. :twisted:
Certified Storm Spotter for Davidson and Williamson County, TN

ruralchief

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:36 am

That is funny! I bet she told alot of other people, too. She sure was bewildered. :D :D :D

loukycheckinin

Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:37 am

Haha, I knew yall'd get a kick out of that.

500AT, Nice idea! Next time I see her I will try to plan that. I cant believe this would work for too long. Eventually she will just file a noise complaint! (Wouldn't be the first!)

Justin, I used to use headphones, but after surfing Youtube, all the volumes are different, and I turn it up to hear one and the next one kills my ear drum. Not pleasant!

Hacksaw

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:44 pm

This a good one! :lol:

Funny that my family members hate the Hurricane recording when I've used speakers in the past.

Justin

Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:48 pm

loukycheckinin wrote:Justin, I used to use headphones, but after surfing Youtube, all the volumes are different, and I turn it up to hear one and the next one kills my ear drum. Not pleasant!
Ah, yes. This is true. Didn't think of that, have been painfully caught out by this myself from time to time. :)

t-bolt82

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Justin wrote:
loukycheckinin wrote:Justin, I used to use headphones, but after surfing Youtube, all the volumes are different, and I turn it up to hear one and the next one kills my ear drum. Not pleasant!
Ah, yes. This is true. Didn't think of that, have been painfully caught out by this myself from time to time. :)

What seems to work for me, personally, is to keep my laptop's main volume at 50 - right in the middle. Then, if needed, I can adjust youtube's volume controller.
Viva la Thunderbolt!

Daniel

Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:58 am

Several years ago I got a call from a salesman and I don't like to just hang up on people. I listened to his spiel for a couple of minutes and activated a recording of a 2T22 in attack on my computer. Then I yelled something about an extreme emergency and hung up.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Thunderboltlover
YouTube Username: thunderboltlover

Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:46 am

Daniel wrote:Several years ago I got a call from a salesman and I don't like to just hang up on people. I listened to his spiel for a couple of minutes and activated a recording of a 2T22 in attack on my computer. Then I yelled something about an extreme emergency and hung up.
That's an excellent idea! The next time I get a prank call I'll play a t-bolt recording/blast it into the phone mic.
Proud owner of a Thunderbolt 1003

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:43 am

I wish I'd been into sirens years ago when I wasted a salesman's time.

It was some idiot selling alarm systems, and from the description he gave, all you had to do was press a button on the panel and the SWAT team would be at your door within minutes (yes, one of those people...). I listened to his spiel, saying "uh huh" occasionally to make it sound like I was listening (while in reality I was busy surfing the web and such). When he got to the point where he wanted to set up a time when they could come out and install it, I said "Sorry. Not interested." and hung up.

Nothing like wasting someone's time and making them think they finally found a true sucker only to blow it at the last second :)
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

t-bolt82

Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Daniel wrote:Several years ago I got a call from a salesman and I don't like to just hang up on people. I listened to his spiel for a couple of minutes and activated a recording of a 2T22 in attack on my computer. Then I yelled something about an extreme emergency and hung up.

Thats a good one. Even if you dont blast a siren sound directly into the phone, you could always have it in the background, and say something like "Gotta go - there's a tornado warning!", or "WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!!" :lol:
Viva la Thunderbolt!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”