The Siren Board

Discussion of Outdoor Warning Systems
It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:17 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:25 pm 
New User

YouTube Username: tkovack1
I looked up an article on Wikipedia called List of Thunderbolt sirens (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Ackda ... olt_sirens) and under Columbus Ohio it said one standing and is operational. If that's true, where is it at? I am posting this because I don't always trust Wikipedia. Are there any more Thunderbolts in Franklin County or have they all been replaced? If not, where is the closest Thunderbolt to the county?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:58 am 

None are operational in Franklin County, although a few still are standing.

West Jefferson might be the closest T-Bolt still operating (I think).

Champaign County has a ton of them, but the system was deactivated last year. Otherwise, you may have to go to Dayton or southwest Ohio to find one still operating.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:45 am 

YouTube Username: Joshua Hamilton
That list is really old, and quite inaccurate. I wouldn't rely on it for your info.

-Joshua H.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:43 pm 

YouTube Username: Thunderbolt1000Tfan
Fletch wrote:
None are operational in Franklin County, although a few still are standing.

West Jefferson might be the closest T-Bolt still operating (I think).

Champaign County has a ton of them, but the system was deactivated last year. Otherwise, you may have to go to Dayton or southwest Ohio to find one still operating.
If you're talking about the one on the West Jefferson Police Department, unfortunately, I think that one is deactivated as well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:48 pm 

tkovack1 wrote:
I looked up an article on Wikipedia called List of Thunderbolt sirens (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Ackda ... olt_sirens) and under Columbus Ohio it said one standing and is operational. If that's true, where is it at? I am posting this because I don't always trust Wikipedia. Are there any more Thunderbolts in Franklin County or have they all been replaced? If not, where is the closest Thunderbolt to the county?
As far as I know, the 1000 in downtown Newark, Ohio might still be operational. If it is, that may be the closest working Thunderbolt to Franklin County.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:58 pm 

YouTube Username: Ohio Sirens
Тһundеrbοlt1000Tfan wrote:
tkovack1 wrote:
As far as I know, the 1000 in downtown Newark, Ohio might still be operational. If it is, that may be the closest working Thunderbolt to Franklin County.
I believe that's still active as I've passed it a few times this summer and would occasionally see it in a different position.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:15 pm 

YouTube Username: CrazyCalvinWilliams
As some already know, I got the last standing one from the west side of Columbus, but I remember reading somewhere about one still standing downtown near the arena district or something. I don't know... :/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:18 pm 
New User

YouTube Username: tkovack1
tkovack1 wrote:
I remember you said in a comment on Calvin's (Mayer's) Easton Center 4004 video that you tried to record it last month and you didn't hear any of Newark's sirens test.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:48 am 

Startug wrote: *
tkovack1 wrote:
I believe that's still active as I've passed it a few times this summer and would occasionally see it in a different position.
Is it still there as of this year? If it is, has it changed positions at all within the past year or so?