JoJoes123 Sirens
New User
YouTube Username: JoJoes123 Sirens

3T22 Sandy, Oregon

Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:36 am

Here is a 3T22 in Sandy, Oregon, on the fire department. I sent them a letter, but they never responded, so I'll probably call them soon (maybe). Hopefully they fix it up or refurbish it soon. Also, if they replace it, I hope they get a good siren (T-135, Thunderbolt 1003, Allertor, EOWS 612, etc.).
Attachments
IMG_2892.JPG
IMG_2892.JPG (1.81 MiB) Viewed 6996 times
IMG_2887.JPG
IMG_2887.JPG (848.11 KiB) Viewed 6996 times
IMG_2889.JPG
IMG_2889.JPG (331.18 KiB) Viewed 6996 times

JoJoes123 Sirens
New User
YouTube Username: JoJoes123 Sirens

Re: 3T22 Sandy, Oregon

Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:37 am

WOAH! I had no idea the pictures would be that big! O.O

PugetSoundStormWatch
YouTube Username: MiltonWATech99

Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:48 am

Sorry to rain on your little parade, but those sirens you mentioned aren't manufactured anymore. It's physically impossible for any of those to be installed, unless the models are restored.

Otherwise, cool 3T22!
22-year-old Seattle native. Green River College.
I like DJ equipment, Weather Radios (23 in my collection), Fire Alarms, and Sirens.
Future Meteorologist! Go Hawks!

Daniel

Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:57 pm

Since Oregon abandoned Civil Defense in 1963, the only areas where sirens are maintained are certain coastal cities or counties where there is a danger of tsunami. Outside of these, and the Modulator systems maintained in Ashland (dam break) and Sunriver (forest fire), sirens in Oregon are left to rot on their poles. There are no sirens left in the Portland metro area, Eugene, Salem, Medford, or Bend. A few inland towns have two- or three-siren systems used (or abandoned) by the fire department, namely Lakeview, Ontario, Nyssa, Weston, Athena, Union, John Day, and Burns. Most small towns have one siren which is usually disconnected.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

coastalsyrolover

Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:03 am

When I called in and asked them they said at the time it was occasionally used. (As a back up or something?) But that was a few years ago. I can 95% guarantee that it's no longer used. I also 100% promise, as stated above, that if my hunch is right and the siren isn't activated it will not be replaced by another siren any time soon. West linn has a sterling that I recorded back in December 2012 but it was a walk around tour and after asking the mayor of the city... it is deactivated and will not/cannot be moved (Liability and apparently there is still some power going to it or something and it's high voltage blah blah blah...) Dallas STH-10 still goes off and silvertons' Sterling model M still sound but basically with oregon sirens that are not on the coast... Heck even some that are on the coast! Are totally hit and miss. They are either used for noon blast or a genuine warning or they are rotting. Sadly too the ones that are not removed from the poles and have been up there a while most likely will not be moved or will not have permission to get them down because of liability or this or that. That or they will charge you for it. Now in conclusion yes some coastal cities and towns have some freshly taken down and can be intercepted before they get scrapped. (Seaside has some older sirens too... From what the man described they sound like carters or gents but... I haven't seen them so who knows?) But if it's a fire siren it's either a noon blast, back up (Which is technically rotting or probably will be at some point) or just simply... well... rotting.
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

Daniel

Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:34 am

Seaside had two 12-port Model 5's and two STH-10's before they installed the new Whelen system. As for other systems, of the multi-siren systems I listed above the following are still in use: Burns-Hines (Model 5, Darley Model 5, Darley Model 2), Lakeview (Darley Model 5, STH-10, Model 5), John Day (HOR "paint can," Model 2), Athena (dual-tone Banshee, Model 5 low tone), Milton-Freewater (Sterling M5, Model 5), and Weston (Darley Model 5, Sterling 2V8) are still in use.

coastalsyrolover

Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:00 am

Daniel wrote:Seaside had two 12-port Model 5's and two STH-10's before they installed the new Whelen system. As for other systems, of the multi-siren systems I listed above the following are still in use: Burns-Hines (Model 5, Darley Model 5, Darley Model 2), Lakeview (Darley Model 5, STH-10, Model 5), John Day (HOR "paint can," Model 2), Athena (dual-tone Banshee, Model 5 low tone), Milton-Freewater (Sterling M5, Model 5), and Weston (Darley Model 5, Sterling 2V8) are still in use.
I know one of the 5s were still in seaside as of 2013 and there is still an STH-10 at gear heart as well. But that is rad that they have a dual tone banshee!!!!! I might just make my way that direction at some point! Anyways yea for back on topic we seem to be pretty agreed that this 3T22 is no longer used and the one in mount angel OR finally got removed. What I would suggest for siren fans in this area? Ask about them. Mount angels' I was told is going to a museum. But this one could be up for sale soon but who knows?

Daniel

Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:31 am

There was a 2T22 removed a few years ago in Falls City and another still on the firehouse in Gaston, minus the lower horns. Not far from Gaston is Carlton, which has Oregon's only known dual-tone Sterling M5 as well as a Model 5 a couple of blocks away.

SamtheSirenMan(531)

Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:40 am

The Sandy 3T22 has been removed :( , when I go through the street view timeline it just disappears between April and may of 2018 when they renovated the station. I have also gone past the station multiple times and even stopped at it and searched, nothing. Sad, I think it was one of the only active XT22s in Oregon. Also the M5 in Carlton has been removed too.
Siren enthusiast of about three to four years, one of the few siren YouTubers of Oregon
Owner of a partially screwed 1969 STH-10 and a few other small sirens
Oregon State Siren Map V. 2
Email(best contact method): [email protected]

coastalsyrolover

Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:06 am

SamtheSirenMan(531) wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:40 am
The Sandy 3T22 has been removed :( , when I go through the street view timeline it just disappears between April and may of 2018 when they renovated the station. I have also gone past the station multiple times and even stopped at it and searched, nothing. Sad, I think it was one of the only active XT22s in Oregon. Also the M5 in Carlton has been removed too.
It’s hanging from the ceiling now and they have a recording that you can push a button and hear it.

Return to “Community Systems”