Fletch

Re: Central Florida & Surrounding Siren Dicussion

Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:34 am

Railfan99 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:18 pm

By the way, here's a photo of the Thunderbolt at Henry B Plant High School in 1970.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AirRaidSirens/ ... hool_1970/
It's long past time we find some photos of the T-Bolts that Tampa had. There may have been another model used in some locations as the article I found referenced "medium sized" sirens in addition to the T-Bolts.

Railfan99

Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:05 pm

I hate to bump this thread, but Sirens of the Sunshine State recently sent me this on YouTube:

I was up on the roof last july. The blower pipe and conduit are cut off, and there's no blower or controls anymore. They pretty much left it to rot, though I'm gonna be getting it for private ownership as soon as we can figure out how to take the head down.

HX56
YouTube Username: HX56

Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:07 am

Railfan99 wrote:
I hate to bump this thread, but Sirens of the Sunshine State recently sent me this on YouTube:

I was up on the roof last july. The blower pipe and conduit are cut off, and there's no blower or controls anymore. They pretty much left it to rot, though I'm gonna be getting it for private ownership as soon as we can figure out how to take the head down.
I have a photo of the St Petersburg one that he sent me, here it is.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yac6cSnAAVfi8yjEA
As said already, the blower and all cabinets are gone. Just the standpipe and head remain.
Siren Enthusiast from Australia since 2012. Designer of the KEYTROL-K4 Siren Controller.

jacob585
YouTube Username: SouthMissouriSirens
Discord: MidMissouriSirens#9512

Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:31 am

Dont know if this has been mentioned before but Hernando Florida has a Sireno Type 5 at their fire station down town.
I'm Jacob Ulrich or MidMissouriSirens on youtube.

My Missouri Siren Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 57595&z=10

Railfan99

Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:18 pm

HX56 wrote:
Railfan99 wrote:

As said already, the blower and all cabinets are gone. Just the standpipe and head remain.
Why even bother keeping the siren head in place when the most critical components are gone?

Fletch

Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:08 pm

Great to hear at least the horn will be saved!

HX56
YouTube Username: HX56

Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:11 am

Railfan99 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:18 pm
HX56 wrote:
Railfan99 wrote:

Why even bother keeping the siren head in place when the most critical components are gone?
Considering he got to there to take a photo, I'm assuming all the blower, RCM, Siratrol, etc was at ground level, so they went up and took all that away, but left the head to avoid having to get a crane in.
Siren Enthusiast from Australia since 2012. Designer of the KEYTROL-K4 Siren Controller.

Fletch

Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:47 am

Appears that three new sirens are coming to Pinellas County.

According to this article, the towns of Indian Shores and Redington Shores are in the process of updating their community warning system. This is the first mention I've seen in 20+ years about their sirens. Apparently only used for evacuation warnings.

The current siren system is obsolete, according to town officials. They have opted for Federal Signal.

https://www.tbnweekly.com/beaches/artic ... 6e1b3.html

Fletch

Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:57 am

According to a newspaper article, it appears Indian Shores/Redington Shores have installed a new siren system. I was in the area at the end of May and at least one of the old sirens was still standing:

The Town of Indian Shores will test its new Early Warning Siren System on Friday, July 15. The siren will sound sometime between 3 and 4 p.m.

The system is predicted to be audible from north Indian Rocks Beach to Treasure Island and partly into Seminole.

EDIT: WTSP-TV has a brief story on their website showing a FS 2001 siren. There are three in total.

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:17 pm

Indian Shores' new system was installed by McCranie Warning Systems I believe.
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

Return to “Community Systems”