NotDevin
New User
YouTube Username: Sirens Down South

Re: Central Florida & Surrounding Siren Dicussion

Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:53 am

nvanw27 wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:17 pm
Indian Shores' new system was installed by McCranie Warning Systems I believe.
Jeb helped out in the installation but I believed it was mostly under Goddard's company since I really didn't see any of McCranie's work trucks on site. Take this with a pinch of salt however.

dallemations

YouTube Username: dallemations
Discord: secondsmartkid#2549

Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:01 pm

I live next to ocala which is inverness. the last time I went to crystal river I didn't see the wps whelens. I'm guessing the took it down since they found a crack it the reactor and shut down the nuclear part of the plant. there are still 1 or 2 around but I remember one next to the arbys and manatee lanes, and just somehow disappeared!

GentexSS
New User

Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:17 am

Stormsetter4 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2016 8:37 pm
TOXBOX12 wrote:Orlando probably did and still does maybe because of Universal Studios and attractions. But none that I know of, I went to Orlando about a week ago and did not see any sirens.
Orlando had a system of Thunderbolts and 5T's last I recalled, but they were removed in the late 80's to early 90's. The Tampa Bay area was mostly Thunderbolts with other miscellaneous Federal Signal sirens in the mix. Most of those are now gone with the exception of the Thunderbolt 1000 on the Pinellas County Jail in Clearwater, and *possibly* a Thunderbolt in downtown Tampa. Jacksonville had Thunderbolts, SD-10's, Model 2's and 500AT's. Miami had Thunderbolt 2000's, 2T22's, Chryslers and various other Federal Signal sirens. Most of these are all gone now, whether they were removed at the end of the cold war, or a hurricane took them down.
Did Daytona Beach ever have a system?

dallemations

YouTube Username: dallemations
Discord: secondsmartkid#2549

Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:23 pm

I don't know about Daytona but when I lived on the west coast there was this nuclear plant in west palm (still active) and around the beaches and neighborhood's there was some Whelen Vortex sirens around

I think they were there for hurricanes but also for the plant

rodftu
New User
YouTube Username: RoSafety

Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:55 pm

Oviedo installed a new 2001-130 at Shane Kelly Park. April 2021

Fletch

Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:15 am

Rate photo of a St. Petersburg T-Bolt. You have to zoom in, but it's pole mounted next to the W.T. Grant department store at Crossroads Shopping Center circa 1965.

https://historicimages.com/products/rsf38301

Return to “Community Systems”