The Siren Board

Discussion of Outdoor Warning Systems
It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:52 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:59 pm 

[/quote]
Quote was messed up for some reason
2T22 is louder being dual tone and having horns.

I've also seen sirens for nuclear plants and storm sirens next to each other, but I can't think of any examples.
[/quote]

I'm going to have to correct you. It's actually proven that single tone sirens are louder than dual tone, and the 3V8 in Galva does have horns. I don't know exactly why single tone is louder than dual tone, but I'm sure some of our experts can tell you.

And about the twin siren setups for nuclear plants, I can think of a few for the Susquehanna plant, and for the Ginna plant, they have a few strange setups of
Penetrators with select fire station sirens like so:

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
Screenshot 2020-06-29 at 8.58.31 AM.png [ 16.07 KiB | Viewed 86 times ]

Your car, air conditioner, burglar alarm, fire alarm, siren, and plane enthusiast.

Proud owner of a few General Electric door contact alarms, a Honeywell Ademco 6160 Keypad, and various electronic widgets.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:49 am 

YouTube Username: Billstern
For the 3V8 you are right single tones are louder (in terms of Decibels). I meant louder as in the multiple tones stand out more and I should have clarified that. The 3V8 is 107DB while the 2T22 is 113 according to this thread.https://airraidsirens.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12527. Perhaps it's something with the motor?

Anyway about dual siren setups, I recently found that on one end of the Daniel Carter Beard bridge (or the big Mac bridge) is an ASC E class near Yeatmans cove, the stadium and Sawyer point park.On the the other end of the bridge is a Campbell county pole mounted modulator better viewed from the street running under the bridge. They're part of different systems being on different sides of the river. I haven't been out much since my journey to Massie township but I noticed it on the way to my grandparents to deliver masks. (I 3D printed a couple)

On the Ohio side by the E class is a thunderbolt on the roof a building. Doubt it's still active as it never rotates but you never know.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:04 pm 

Ohio_Man wrote: *
For the 3V8 you are right single tones are louder (in terms of Decibels). I meant louder as in the multiple tones stand out more and I should have clarified that. The 3V8 is 107DB while the 2T22 is 113 according to this thread.
The 3v8 is also much smaller.

Your car, air conditioner, burglar alarm, fire alarm, siren, and plane enthusiast.

Proud owner of a few General Electric door contact alarms, a Honeywell Ademco 6160 Keypad, and various electronic widgets.