thebreadmister

Castle Castings 10/12 port stator and rotor repair ? and parts of the early warning system

Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:49 pm

Hi all.. i was just wondering if anybody would know here.. where to get both stators and rotors of a castle castings siren repaired at ?.. as currently i have no clue where to go with them to get them repaired/repainted a little and put back into shape.. any help would be appreciated ?... also wanted to show the early warning wb1401 and WB1400 speech in this post. thanks
Attachments
Castle Castings Siren.jpeg
Castle Castings Siren
Castle Castings Siren.jpeg (314.8 KiB) Viewed 4880 times

Valra Bellkeys
YouTube Username: Valra Bellkeys
Discord: Valra Bellkeys#0164

Re: Castle Castings 10/12 port stator and rotor repair ? and parts of the early warning system

Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:48 am

thebreadmister wrote:
Hi all.. i was just wondering if anybody would know here.. where to get both stators and rotors of a castle castings siren repaired at ?.. as currently i have no clue where to go with them to get them repaired/repainted a little and put back into shape.. any help would be appreciated ?... also wanted to show the early warning wb1401 and WB1400 speech in this post. thanks

Not sure where you can get it repaired, but there is a great page on Facebook called "Castle Castings Siren", and they could perhaps point you in the right direction.

https://www.facebook.com/CastleCastingsSiren/
I own: One complete SiraTone, another SiraTone control module, a 1600W MC, 2 old ATI controllers, 2 round ATI horns with drivers, a ATI-DSA 4 thing, a Federal Signal FC, AR timer and Siratrol, and a small CD&F.

thebreadmister

Re: Castle Castings 10/12 port stator and rotor repair ? and parts of the early warning system

Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:56 pm

thank you for the reply.. i already like the castle castings page but wouldnt know if he could repair the stators/rotors or such or get them someone to repair them.. and im not sure where to go locally.. also.. i would've added more photos and the parts of the early warning sytem i own.. but not good with photos on here apparently haha. thank you again

Westgate Thunderbolt

Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:32 am

What kind of repair are we talking about? I don’t think you mentioned.
Owner of a Federal Electric Model 2, Federal Sign and Signal SD-10, Federal Sign and Signal 1000(T) and a H.O.R. Si-Rex 7:10 Omnidirectional

thebreadmister

Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:50 am

The actual stators/rotors are what need repair work doing on them

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:15 am

thebreadmister wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:50 am
The actual stators/rotors are what need repair work doing on them
So I'm assuming they are cracked?
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

Westgate Thunderbolt

Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:49 am

That’s what I was trying to find out.
Owner of a Federal Electric Model 2, Federal Sign and Signal SD-10, Federal Sign and Signal 1000(T) and a H.O.R. Si-Rex 7:10 Omnidirectional

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:59 pm

thebreadmister wrote:
Cracks in the castings will be repaired by any wheel repair and foundries if I remember correctly.

It's also great you actually have the WB-1401 and carrier receiver set that activated it back in the day. I seriously like that sort of stuff.
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

thebreadmister

Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:12 am

i have only just seen these replyies now.. i am sorry about that. the 10 port stator is missing a piece and near that same damaged part it is bent.. the 12 port stator is simply bent somewhat.. however i think somehow.. either both the 10 and 12 port rotors arent even anymore.. or the metal rod (i forget the correct name) is bent that holds each side.. itll be a lot of work and im stuggling on where to go with this siren for repairs.. however wheel repair and foundries though ??.. and thanks!.. im very lucky i got them.. both a WB1401 and a WB1400 speech receiver.. they were used as part of the early warning system in the 80s up untill the somepoint in the 90s.. 1992 i think.. however my town/city still used them up until 1996

Westgate Thunderbolt

Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:11 am

So, you are saying the motor shaft is bent?

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”