archizackture
YouTube Username: Shako_Lamb

Re: Netherlands Modulator 2008s Are Knockoffs

Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:06 am

Synther wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:58 am
...the cabinets on them do not look Federal at all. However, there is a possibility that Federal made them specifically for the Netherlands...
Exactly. Considering that the Netherlands uses both a different electrical frequency AND a different system of measurement, it makes perfect sense that both the controls and the mounting system are different. When you import a product to a different country, it is inevitable that technical details will need to be changed according to the national standards.

And yes, the Federal Signal stickers are the ultimate giveaway. I am completely certain that these are indeed FS units.
Architecture preservationist. I enjoy obscure history and mapping things, and grew up around sirens. Not planning to own one.
West Virginia State-wide & Western Maryland Siren Map

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:26 am

I also noticed that in that photo I posted, you can see a Siemens logo on one of the mods. Without a doubt an original Federal Modulator.
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:06 am

Synther wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:26 am
I also noticed that in that photo I posted, you can see a Siemens logo on one of the mods. Without a doubt an original Federal Modulator.
Yep he's right. The picture posted earlier told the whole story. Modified base from the factory that Siemens then took and paired with their own equipment and stickers.
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

Josh_S
YouTube Username: WI Fox Valley Lifts and Alarms

Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:45 am

That’s honestly really cool! Interesting to see other countries using our companies and retrofitting to their needs. It’s too bad that next year the sirens in the Netherlands will go away :/
Proud owner of a ATI HPSS16R, a Whelen Hornet, and an ASC T-128ACDC

Purring Cat
YouTube Username: Purring Cat

Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:44 pm

I think they just decided to Copy A Federal Signal siren and put a completely different sound to it.

DSD
New User
YouTube Username: Dutch Siren Dude

Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:51 pm

SirokatM1 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:16 am
So just tonight I was talking to my friends on a discord server when this image showed up.IMG_1541.JPG

This is way too huge to be a real Modulator. There is a clear Siemens logo on one of the cells. The mounting bracket is round instead of square like Federals mounting brackets. This is clearly another Lion King copycat situation.In every video of the Netherlands modulators i found, they had round mounting brackets. Due to the size I do believe that it must at least have 200 watt drivers at the very least. Other than that, I found this to be a very intriguing little thing.(If you want to call it that lol)
Hi there!
I own all of the documents regarding the dutch modulators.
They are modulators from FS. The contract between Federal signal and Siemens was signed in late 1991. The controls are modded because nl uses a C2000 system. So these are real modulators.

SamtheSirenMan(531)

Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:33 pm

DSD wrote:

Hi there!
They are modulators from FS. The contract between Federal signal and Siemens was signed in late 1991. The controls are modded because nl uses a C2000 system. So these are real modulators.
Could you elaborate more on this “C2000 system”? I’ve been wondering for a while what the activation method the Netherlands uses is, I found a video with activation tones and it didn’t sound like anything I’d ever heard. Would you also be able to share any of these documents with us?
Siren enthusiast of about three to four years, one of the few siren YouTubers of Oregon
Owner of a partially screwed 1969 STH-10 and a few other small sirens
Oregon State Siren Map V. 2
Email(best contact method): [email protected]

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:46 pm

SamtheSirenMan(531) wrote:
DSD wrote:

Hi there!
Could you elaborate more on this “C2000 system”? I’ve been wondering for a while what the activation method the Netherlands uses is, I found a video with activation tones and it didn’t sound like anything I’d ever heard. Would you also be able to share any of these documents with us?
I believe that they're either using some form of encryption on the siren activation frequency there or it's a "in-house" sort of deal. Perhaps maybe something that Siemens (who rebranded the Modulators) came up with in their controls?
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

DSD
New User
YouTube Username: Dutch Siren Dude

Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:24 am

SamtheSirenMan(531) wrote:
DSD wrote:

Hi there!
C2000 is basically a digital radio system, nothing special. how the activation works, i dont know. but its encrypted. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkBJhsYjnIc

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”