SirensOfNewYork

A Model 2... Used as a burglar alarm sounder?

Tue May 19, 2020 3:51 pm

If you'll glance down to my signature, you'll see I mention that I am a burglar alarm enthusiast. I was browsing YouTube for burglar alarm videos and found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttvrlyFMiHI
~SirensOfNewYork

Amateur HVAC, Siren, Car, Plane, and security and fire alarm enthusiast

My profile photo is not mine. It belongs to the creator of the California siren map.

archizackture
YouTube Username: Shako_Lamb

Re: A Model 2... Used as a burglar alarm sounder?

Tue May 19, 2020 4:00 pm

Very interesting. On another note, the 10V in my profile pic is primarily a fire siren but functions as a burglar alarm as well because it goes off when the station is broken into, and the siren sounding without pagers going off is a big red flag.
Architecture preservationist. I enjoy obscure history and mapping things, and grew up around sirens. Not planning to own one.
West Virginia State-wide & Western Maryland Siren Map

SirensOfNewYork

Tue May 19, 2020 6:34 pm

archizackture wrote:
Very interesting. On another note, the 10V in my profile pic is primarily a fire siren but functions as a burglar alarm as well because it goes off when the station is broken into, and the siren sounding without pagers going off is a big red flag.
That's very interesting! I bet that 10v would teach burglars a pretty good lesson! On another note, do you have any idea how it's wired, exactly?
~SirensOfNewYork

My profile photo is not mine. It belongs to the creator of the California siren map.

archizackture
YouTube Username: Shako_Lamb

Wed May 20, 2020 4:12 pm

SirensOfNewYork wrote:
archizackture wrote:
That's very interesting! I bet that 10v would teach burglars a pretty good lesson! On another note, do you have any idea how it's wired, exactly?
Unfortunately nope.
Architecture preservationist. I enjoy obscure history and mapping things, and grew up around sirens. Not planning to own one.
West Virginia State-wide & Western Maryland Siren Map

Ohio_Man
YouTube Username: Billstern

Wed May 27, 2020 1:08 am

If I had to take an educated guess they probably have a standard alarm system with magnetic door sensors, motion detectors and glass break sensors but where a traditional alarm would be is a connection to the siren's relay/controller. Nothing says "You picked the wrong house fool" like a 120DB siren sounding right on top of you.

I've been noticing more fire sirens around where I live. Lockland apparently has a siren in their station's tower like Glendale.
21 Y.O. Student welder.

"This is my step van. I never knew my real van."

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Wed May 27, 2020 1:52 am

SirensOfNewYork wrote:
archizackture wrote:
To echo what another person said, they wired the Model 2's motor starter to the auxiliary output on the security panel. Pretty simple really.
By the way, nice profile picture! I wonder who made it :lol: . While i'm fine with you using it, i'm not happy that you're taking credit for it.
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

SirensOfNewYork

Wed May 27, 2020 12:19 pm

Synther wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:52 am
SirensOfNewYork wrote:
archizackture wrote:
To echo what another person said, they wired the Model 2's motor starter to the auxiliary output on the security panel. Pretty simple really.
By the way, nice profile picture! I wonder who made it :lol: . While i'm fine with you using it, i'm not happy that you're taking credit for it.
Actually, I did, in fact, make it. If you would like me to PM you a screenshot of the document, I will. I made it with Google Drawings.
~SirensOfNewYork

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Wed May 27, 2020 12:38 pm

Damn, could've swore that was a screenshot of my video I uploaded a while back. My apologies. Sorry for the topic derailment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82V0Jnxte4w
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

SirensOfNewYork

Wed May 27, 2020 1:29 pm

Synther wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 12:38 pm
Damn, could've swore that was a screenshot of my video I uploaded a while back. My apologies. Sorry for the topic derailment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82V0Jnxte4w
(Sorry for going off topic) Oh, believe me, yours is 100 times better than mine. Yours is more blended, and smooth, and you even added vignette! If you look closely at mine, it doesn't connect perfectly in some places. Don't feel bad, it's all good.
~SirensOfNewYork

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”