ModifiedCyclone125

YouTube Username: Consolidation1282
Discord: Consolidation1282#1282

Re: Saudi Arabian Mystery Sirens in 1991

Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:50 pm

Some_3t22s wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:19 am
Slight bump after about a week, but my friend sent me a video on Discord just now with a missile being launched, then another missile blowing up midair and hitting the ground with a Cyclone doing a steady pulsed signal and an electronic siren or two doing wail in the background of both clips. I have no idea if it's been posted on the board already but if it hasn't, someone let me know and I'll post it here.
I Don't Think it has been posted here, By the way I was the one who originally found that video. I posted the link in a comment on a video clip of the Alerting Communicators of America 1979 Tape Of one of their cyclone 125's doing pulse tone to get it more attention, At the time when I posted that comment there were no other comments about the cyclone doing pulse. I've also found a (possible?) picture on google images of a 120 model with a damper box looking thing mounted on-top of a concrete structure somewhere in Saudi Arabia, The concrete structure leads me to believe that it was shot in Saudi Arabia because of the surrounding neighborhoods that contain concrete buildings near the city area of Riyadh. If anyone wants to see the picture let me know, I took a screenshot of it and it's saved somewhere on my computer.
Some guy who is interested in Taiwan's siren system as well for a few others,

Have I heard a siren? Yes, The Darley 3V8 In Columbia, CA Doing a noon blast. Do I own a siren? Sort of, A Vixen Horns Hand Crank Siren.

SirensOfAustralia
YouTube Username: SirensAndTrainsDownUnder

Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:33 am

apologies for the late response can you post the link for the cyclone or what might look like it?
A siren enthusiast down under. :)

Proud owner of a Skil Sher Wailing Joe & Alarm Master!

ModifiedCyclone125

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:34 am

SirensOfAustralia wrote:
apologies for the late response can you post the link for the cyclone or what might look like it?
I cannot send you the link but however I can send the picture of what I saw:

CodedCylcone120InSaudiArabia.jpg
CodedCylcone120InSaudiArabia.jpg (23.41 KiB) Viewed 3868 times
I had a screenshot of the same photo but on google images with the Arabic text below the image (which is exactly where I got this photo from), You can even see the (damper?) box below the siren. This being on a concrete structure and being no confirmed locations of a roof mounted 120 anywhere besides Saudi Arabia leads me to believe that this is in Riyadh.

Have I heard a siren? Yes, The Darley 3V8 In Columbia, CA Doing a noon blast. Do I own a siren? Sort of, A Vixen Horns Hand Crank Siren.

SirensOfAustralia

Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:26 am

ModifiedCyclone125 wrote:
SirensOfAustralia wrote:

CodedCylcone120InSaudiArabia.jpg I had a screenshot of the same photo but on google images with the Arabic text below the image (which is exactly where I got this photo from), You can even see the (damper?) box below the siren. This being on a concrete structure and being no confirmed locations of a roof mounted 120 anywhere besides Saudi Arabia leads me to believe that this is in Riyadh.
Interesting, off topic question, is there any videos of the cyclone doing pulse ? I’ve seen the demo tape one pulse.

ModifiedCyclone125

Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:51 am

SirensOfAustralia wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:26 am
SirensOfAustralia wrote:

CodedCylcone120InSaudiArabia.jpg I had a screenshot of the same photo but on google images with the Arabic text below the image (which is exactly where I got this photo from), You can even see the (damper?) box below the siren. This being on a concrete structure and being no confirmed locations of a roof mounted 120 anywhere besides Saudi Arabia leads me to believe that this is in Riyadh.
Interesting, off topic question, is there any videos of the cyclone doing pulse ? I’ve seen the demo tape one pulse.
Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH28NgMHlWo&t (1:39)

ModifiedCyclone125

Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:25 am

SirensOfAustralia wrote:

Update: I have found the link, it seems to be some person talking about his/hers experience in the gulf war. with pictures of gas masks, radios and the siren on top of their house I think: https://www.hawaaworld.com/%D8%AA%D8%B9 ... 3-2882935/

SirensOfAustralia

Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:43 am

Nice! I'll see what I can find in Riyadh's system before 2000s

SirensOfAustralia

Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:22 am

I also found an EOWS 1212 on google images. CD yellow and is located somewhere around King Abdul Aziz Sea Port in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. Sadly the 1212 is being replaced by a Telegraphia siren. The 1212s controller looks larger than a SiraTone, what do you guys think?

Here's a link to the website.
http://www.electronic-sirens.com/warnin ... di-arabia/
Attachments
EOWS1212inKingAbdulAzizSeaPortDammamSaudiArabia.jpg
EOWS1212inKingAbdulAzizSeaPortDammamSaudiArabia.jpg (38.3 KiB) Viewed 3666 times

Peach
New User

Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:40 am

I know I'm bumping an older thread here, but I wanted to point out that the siren 90 seconds into https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRvMT0iMzkI is almost certainly a Hormann HLS, down to the pitch and wind-up/down cadence. See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcVl8mTFxZk

ruralchief

Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:21 am

I was deployed to Saudi Arabia and Kuwait in 1990-1991 for Operation Desert Storm. There were sirens in Saudi in the populated areas. I heard them when Scud Missile attacks occurred. Sadly, they were not visible to see what brand/type they were.

In Kuwait City, there were ample amount of Thunderbolts in that city. Sadly, they were never activated, to warn the civilian population, of the Iraqi invasion.

Return to “Mystery Sirens”