ModifiedCyclone125

YouTube Username: Consolidation1282
Discord: Consolidation1282#1282

Re: Saudi Arabian Mystery Sirens in 1991

Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:39 am

I do apologize for the few month bump, Just last night I found something very interesting about Riyadh's system. I've already posted about this on the subreddit, But I thought I'd share it here for people who already don't know about this. So almost a year ago a video was uploaded to YouTube featuring a archive of a News Report in 1990 about what to do when a certain signal is sounded from the sirens around the city, What's interesting about this though, Is that during when they play a audio clip of each siren signal they also show a Cyclone 120 roof-mounted on a high concrete building for what I assume is reference. Unfortunately the Cyclone itself isn't sounding off in which a audio that is also the audio used for the TV alert shown to warn civilians about oncoming SCUDS, was overlaid on the siren footage, but whatever. Here's the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVl8sOsCpTs
The Cyclone 120 itself can be both seen at 0:46 and 1:24 in the video.
I'm not sure if the video shows the same location that was seen in the photo that I posted a few posts earlier, However someone from the subreddit on my post says the photo was taken from a different location (in which the person who had taken that photo, had the siren installed on top of their house roof by the government), But its still cool to discover stuff like this.
Some guy who is interested in Taiwan's siren system as well for a few others,

Have I heard a siren? Yes, The Darley 3V8 In Columbia, CA Doing a noon blast. Do I own a siren? Sort of, A Vixen Horns Hand Crank Siren.

SamtheSirenMan(531)

Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:32 am

I believe that the sirens SirensofAustralia were referring to are pre-864 Whelens of some kind. At 3:54 in the video he linked you can hear them activate in air horn briefly, and it sounds just like pre-864 air horn.
Siren enthusiast of about three to four years, one of the few siren YouTubers of Oregon
Owner of a partially screwed 1969 STH-10 and a few other small sirens
Oregon State Siren Map V. 2
Email(best contact method): [email protected]

Theia Signaling

YouTube Username: Kingdomplayer Animations

Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:02 am

I’m Pretty sure the weird pneumatic siren is an EOWS-1212 according to someone on YouTube

SirensOfAustralia
YouTube Username: SirensAndTrainsDownUnder

Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:29 pm

SamtheSirenMan(531) wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:32 am
I believe that the sirens SirensofAustralia were referring to are pre-864 Whelens of some kind. At 3:54 in the video he linked you can hear them activate in air horn briefly, and it sounds just like pre-864 air horn.
Those were not Pre-864s, they were Analog ESC-864s. I have a feeling they might be HSS rebadged Analog Whelen 2700s of some sort given the discovery you made of that 2790 in Israel.
A siren enthusiast down under. :)

Proud owner of a Skil Sher Wailing Joe & Alarm Master!

Digisirran

Mon May 15, 2023 12:25 am

Sorry for bumping.

Curiousity got me looking into Riyadh and their systems. Mosques have call to prayers, so surely whatever is used is also used as civil defence since that video exhibited mass voice notification then their air raid alarm siren. Mosques use their minarets with their speakers. That could be what is sounding here.

In responses to the 1212 alerting the public I'm not convinced that's what's going on here at the beginning of the video. I'd have to look to see where the beginning was filmed more precisely to scout if there is a mosque in that vicinity.

If Hormann provided their pneumatic sirens, maybe the possibility of their electronic ones from the 80s were also provided. Those being the ECL-400 to 1600, very similar looking to the HLS series. That tone is identical to the pneumatic sirens but hearing a voice broadcast before the siren both sounded equally loud.

It's not very possible to confirm all of this, unless someone out there has publications of Riyadh's system being upgraded that time. I could try keep digging up anything related or close enough but I don't have much hope.

It's still an odd sounding siren, out of all the others heard.

xccr9768
New User
YouTube Username: https://www.youtube.com/@techd

Tue May 16, 2023 1:09 am

Some_3t22s wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:31 pm
SirensOfAustralia wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:03 pm
Some_3t22s wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:58 pm

In order:
I think there's one audible around halfway in? I heard something Cyclone-esk somewhere in the video.

It's allowed, I don't think people really frown upon it. At least I don't.
I didn’t hear the cyclone I think but I head it in another video
It's really faint. Go to around 12:15, you might need to turn your volume way up to hear it.
It can be heard very clearly at around 22:57.

Return to “Mystery Sirens”