एप्पल कंप्यूटर फैन
Discord: B&M AR-2000#3449

Mystery San Diego CD?

Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:07 pm

Recently in the past month or two I've come to attention that San Diego had a CD system at one point, the problem is there is very little to no information about it at all. I'm wondering if there are any known sirens that are still standing in San Diego. (There are 3 known location but all 3 are removed) Its been driving me crazy searching far and wide on the internet, And I'm at my last resort and wit's end by posting this. Does anyone happen to know any San Diego CD locations? or other info about the system (Ex. Siren types, test schedules and, Etc.) Any info would be greatly appreciated and I hope I can solve this mystery once and for all and possibly get some photo evidence!

Palmspringslocator2
YouTube Username: DesertSirens

Re: Mystery San Diego CD?

Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:55 pm

You might wanna check out https://cdnc.ucr.edu/
This website has helped me a lot in finding siren locations in California.

Non-Zero
YouTube Username: GSPiedmont425
Discord: pizzaluke#9012

Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:14 pm

Bump, can you show all the locations they once stood? I know at some point they had rotational 125 DB sirens, which sounds like thunderbolt to me personally.
proud owner of a thunderbolt 1000A, and a 4/5 Thunderbolt 1000T

Palmspringslocator2

Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:46 am

Non-Zero wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:14 pm
Bump, can you show all the locations they once stood? I know at some point they had rotational 125 DB sirens, which sounds like thunderbolt to me personally.
Sadly, there is barely anything known. I have done some searching, but only found 1 photo of a siren in Chula Vista.
I have not seen an article about a siren in San Diego from 1940 to 1970. Maybe I'm not searching hard enough lol
Attachments
Siren.png
Siren.png (610.88 KiB) Viewed 2968 times

NotVoyager

Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:55 am

Hmm. Looks like an Erick Fire Siren. The shroud and the Mount looks almost identical to it. Otherwise, it could be a Siro-drone, due to the look of one louver being bigger than the other. Or even a Modified model 3, or 2, but this cannot be sure due to it not looking like it has been cut off completely. There would be a hole in the top louver.

Is this siren still around? If it is, try get some shots of it. It would help greatly.

A WW2 siren? In San Diego? That looks like a E57 yes, but it would most likely have been mounted on a pole that came with it.. Not on a telephone pole.

Conclusion

Okay so I think it is an Erick fire siren if it is, because it mentions about a “fire station” which is what Erick Fire Sirens were for.

If it isn’t, it’s probably one of Decot Engineering Work’s One-Made sirens. They are notorious for doing that.

I know little about their CD system but apparently they had “Fedelcodes” at one point.
(Replaced temporarily)

Palmspringslocator2

Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:23 pm

NotVoyager wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:55 am
Hmm. Looks like an Erick Fire Siren. The shroud and the Mount looks almost identical to it. Otherwise, it could be a Siro-drone, due to the look of one louver being bigger than the other. Or even a Modified model 3, or 2, but this cannot be sure due to it not looking like it has been cut off completely. There would be a hole in the top louver.

Is this siren still around? If it is, try get some shots of it. It would help greatly.

A WW2 siren? In San Diego? That looks like a E57 yes, but it would most likely have been mounted on a pole that came with it.. Not on a telephone pole.

Conclusion

Okay so I think it is an Erick fire siren if it is, because it mentions about a “fire station” which is what Erick Fire Sirens were for.

If it isn’t, it’s probably one of Decot Engineering Work’s One-Made sirens. They are notorious for doing that.

I know little about their CD system but apparently they had “Fedelcodes” at one point.
This siren is long gone now, looking at the photo though it could just be a scream master as they came in a 2 shroud design as well. There are some other Scream Masters in the county known to have the same design.

The one below is an example, this was located at San Diego County Fire Station 44 before it got removed.
Attachments
screamamster.png
screamamster.png (225.04 KiB) Viewed 2953 times

NotVoyager

Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:40 pm

I just thought. Is it a GCS model 3? I tried posting earlier, but it seems incredibly similar.

Here is a GCS Model 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xVwlpRZTPw
(Replaced temporarily)

NotVoyager

Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:41 pm

Also, it does not look similar to a Scream Master, due to it’s flat-topped louvers and it’s shroud looking similar to a GCS Model 3 in a whole.
(Replaced temporarily)

Palmspringslocator2

Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:23 pm

NotVoyager wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:41 pm
Also, it does not look similar to a Scream Master, due to it’s flat-topped louvers and it’s shroud looking similar to a GCS Model 3 in a whole.
It is most likely a Scream Master, the angle the photo was taken at makes it looks flat. The shroud design matches exactly with a Scream Master. The GCS has also has more closely spaced shrouds.

Non-Zero
YouTube Username: GSPiedmont425
Discord: pizzaluke#9012

Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:41 pm

CD funding referenced sirens being in Carlsbad, Oceanside, and Vista. I know Vista FD Station 1 had a Model 7 at one point, but it's gone now.
proud owner of a thunderbolt 1000A, and a 4/5 Thunderbolt 1000T

Return to “Mystery Sirens”