uncommonsense

Re: Heath/Fedelcode looking thing

Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:07 pm

Y’all need to start posting receipts or else this thread is going to continue to spiral out of control. A HP listing is not proof of a sirens name.

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:14 am

uncommonsense wrote:
Y’all need to start posting receipts or else this thread is going to continue to spiral out of control. A HP listing is not proof of a sirens name.
The only tag shot we have of these is of this one, the siren in La Voz, Argentina. The names for the other sizes of vertical dual-head verticals are just speculation.

State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

Mason Mattei

YouTube Username: EASsirenVids 01

Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:48 pm

championsiren wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:41 pm
10V2T wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:47 pm
championsiren wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:03 pm
I have proof from Dave Fritz showing a "Model 20" tag that says "5" in the "HP" area. I'll post it later. I'm not sure how the rumor of "Model 20" got spread.

Show me.
Does the tag say "Model 5"? Or does it just say 5 horsepower?
It says "Type Mach. 5"
Mach stands for machine for those of you who didn't know
It doesn't say "Type 20" anywhere. I don't even see 20 anywhere on the tag. I'm not sure where Model 20 misnomer came from.
If it says 5 HP / in the horsepower area, That means 5 horsepower. If it says 5 under the model area then it's a Model 5, but I think it says 20.

championsiren
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187

Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:52 am

Mason Mattei wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:48 pm
championsiren wrote:
10V2T wrote:

It says "Type Mach. 5"
It doesn't say "Type 20" anywhere. I don't even see 20 anywhere on the tag. I'm not sure where Model 20 misnomer came from.
If it says 5 HP / in the horsepower area, That means 5 horsepower. If it says 5 under the model area then it's a Model 5, but I think it says 20.
No, it says "Type of Machine: 5"
There's really no point of calling a Type 5 a Type 20 when it's 5hp. Because in the Model X series the "X" was the hp number.

LukeH

Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:48 pm

championsiren wrote:
10V2T wrote:
championsiren wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:03 pm
I have proof from Dave Fritz showing a "Model 20" tag that says "5" in the "HP" area. I'll post it later. I'm not sure how the rumor of "Model 20" got spread.

Show me.
It says "Type Mach. 5"
The "model 20" misnomer came from a very old Fedelcode add that listed off various siren sizes they produced at the time. It was long thought the "model 20" the add referenced was the double head fedelcode pictured above, however the "model 20" was just a much larger singoe head model 5/7 type siren.
That vintage add has been shared here numerous times and is readily available via the board's search function.
Luke.
Resident Historian
Denver Siren Expert
Michigan

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:35 pm

For what it's worth, I've been searching around for that particular advert that was posted around, and I belive but am not one hundred percent sure that this may be it (originally was posted by SuperBanshee):
PRE.png
PRE.png (122.93 KiB) Viewed 1988 times
Unfortunately it's a bit blurry to make out the details, and my eyesight isn't the greatest out there, but it does indeed mention the Model 20 being the leftmost Model 5/7-looking siren.

As for the Model 10, I haven't yet found anything about it, so I'll keep looking around.
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

TheSirenFan
YouTube Username: MasenMonster

Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:26 pm

Synther wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:14 am
uncommonsense wrote:
The only tag shot we have of these is of this one, the siren in La Voz, Argentina. The names for the other sizes of vertical dual-head verticals are just speculation.

The top picture URL doesn't work anymore. Can we get a new link for it?

NotVoyager

Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:06 am

Bumpity bump.

I saw somewhere that Model 20’s were 2 Model 5’s stacked on each other. This might not be true but could link to the Type 5 mystery you’re all on about.
I thought this could be post worthy because I did see a Model 20 a while back with the same “Type 5” thing on it.

I think I have the answer.

So in the time where Model 20s we’re produced the design was built on two model 5s that were stacked on top of each other.
This would also explain the “10HP model 20” thing if it could. But anyway, the Model 20 was capable of having dampers, which model 5s could of as well, if i remember correctly. There were 2 rotors in the siren, one on the top and one on the bottom, usually the same port ratio.
The Model 20’s shroud and louvers looks similar to Model or 7s and have the same stretched height on the louver at the top, like the one in the image.

This could link to the Model 20 you are on about. The Model / “Type 5” was basically the name for the Model 20s at some point but had been repurposed at some point,

If this is all fake, i am sorry but this is the only evidence I found,
(Replaced temporarily)

Kasey
YouTube Username: Kasey
Discord: Kasey#9793

Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:27 pm

what on earth happened here
I have a thing for objects that light up or make noise.

Return to “Mystery Sirens”