SentryDefender1275
YouTube Username: AmericanSirenProductions

Whelen Vortex R4’s Filmed during a (TORE) Tornado Emergency, Hayti, Mo 12-10-2021

Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:55 am

I’m really crazy doing this but I finally done it! Always wanted to film sirens on location during a Tornado warning!
I almost died doing this so I Hope you enjoy!!!!

https://youtu.be/mGSZyeiF55Y
Instead of screaming swag and drinking, I go film sirens #americansirenproductions

Josh R
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: SWOhioSirens

Re: Whelen Vortex R4’s Filmed during a (TORE) Tornado Emergency, Hayti, Mo 12-10-2021

Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:14 am

SentryDefender1275 wrote:
I’m really crazy doing this but I finally done it! Always wanted to film sirens on location during a Tornado warning!

WOW! :shock: Glad you’re safe! Those were some nasty tornadoes the other night. Be careful out there!
Josh Reed
Moderator of The Siren Board
23, Ohio

Owner of a Federal Thunderbolt 1000BT, an AR Timer, and a gray 12 volt siren.

My YouTube Channel

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Re: Whelen Vortex R4’s Filmed during a (TORE) Tornado Emergency, Hayti, Mo 12-10-2021

Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:24 pm

Multiple activations like that really help to send a message to citizens that this is a REAL tornado warning.

StormanCharlie
YouTube Username: Same as username

Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:09 pm

Jesus son! Glad you're safe. That sure was one hell of a tornado on Friday. Still can't believe that it was a quad state. I watched the whole thing on radar, and saw 8 Tornado Emergencies get issued for just the one storm. I've got images that I'll post later once I'm not on my school laptop.
16, and learning more every day

championsiren
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187

Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:00 pm

My god... that storm was certainly extreme. I'm glad it didn't come up to the east coast. I wonder if it got bad enough if the Primary Point Entry system would have come on and a CDW would have been issued.
Terrible thing is that these tornadoes are only going to get worse, with global warming rising the global temperatures.
"Someday soon we'll stop to ponder what on earth's this spell we're under...
We made the grade and still we wonder who the hell we are..."
-Styx, from The Grand Illusion

Josh R
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: SWOhioSirens

Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:21 pm

championsiren wrote:
Terrible thing is that these tornadoes are only going to get worse, with global warming rising the global temperatures.
That statement is highly controversial. It’s not a good idea to bring politics into a forum like this. But for the record, the amount of devastating tornadoes has actually decreased over time, not increased. There have been many devastating tornadoes that have occurred throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, and of course some in the 21st century. Severe weather is nothing new, despite what government officials want you to believe. Take a look at this graph from NOAA showing the trend of carbon emissions and severe tornadoes…
BCDFB0C6-12BE-4BD3-9548-0DD9A2C0AEDE.jpeg
BCDFB0C6-12BE-4BD3-9548-0DD9A2C0AEDE.jpeg (156.05 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
As you can see, it’s varied very much every year, and has actually decreased since the 20th century. Severe weather has been at an all time low until the recent tornadoes in Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, and Arkansas. So it’s just by happenstance that this system developed and produced these tornadoes. Bad tornadoes have been happening forever. I think we’re lucky that we’ve had less severe weather in the last few years than years past, we just happened to get hit hard this year.
Josh Reed
Moderator of The Siren Board
23, Ohio

Owner of a Federal Thunderbolt 1000BT, an AR Timer, and a gray 12 volt siren.

My YouTube Channel

championsiren
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187

Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:24 pm

Sifed1 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:21 pm
championsiren wrote:
That statement is highly controversial. It’s not a good idea to bring politics into a forum like this. But for the record, the amount of devastating tornadoes has actually decreased over time, not increased. There have been many devastating tornadoes that have occurred throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, and of course some in the 21st century. Severe weather is nothing new, despite what government officials want you to believe. Take a look at this graph from NOAA showing the trend of carbon emissions and severe tornadoes…[img removed]
As you can see, it’s varied very much every year, and has actually decreased since the 20th century. Severe weather has been at an all time low until the recent tornadoes in Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, and Arkansas. So it’s just by happenstance that this system developed and produced these tornadoes. Bad tornadoes have been happening forever. I think we’re lucky that we’ve had less severe weather in the last few years than years past, we just happened to get hit hard this year.
I REALLY should have thought about that before I said it... thanks Josh.
"Someday soon we'll stop to ponder what on earth's this spell we're under...
We made the grade and still we wonder who the hell we are..."
-Styx, from The Grand Illusion

Model L
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: Egress
Discord: Egress.

Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:59 pm

I personally don't think science should be a matter of politics, but unfortunately that is recently what it has become.

I wonder what sort of data that graph is measuring to classify a "strong and violent tornado". part of me wonders that because of modern building codes + better alert systems the effect of storms is lessened?
Resident of Beaverton, Oregon
Proud owner of 2 Model L's and a 1984 WS-3000 serial # 717
19 years old
want to chat? send me a request on discord: Egress.#7444 or DM me

SentryDefender1275

Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:09 pm

Sifed1 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:14 am
SentryDefender1275 wrote:

WOW! :shock: Glad you’re safe! Those were some nasty tornadoes the other night. Be careful out there!
I seriously don’t plan on doing this again, especially night time chasing which is super hard and you can be up S*** creek in a blink of an eye. I got to see the Tornado in my rear view mirrors and though awesome, Was frightening.

SentryDefender1275

Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:13 pm

JasonC wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:24 pm
Multiple activations like that really help to send a message to citizens that this is a REAL tornado warning.
I wholeheartedly agree….this activating the sirens one time and that’s it doesn’t get the message out enough. I’d do the same thing as Hayti here.
Instead of screaming swag and drinking, I go film sirens #americansirenproductions

Return to “Videos and Media”