championsiren
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187

Leipsic, DE Federal Signal Model 5A

Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:45 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu-RgSx3p-8&t=62s

Yeah, I went back here. I recorded the Model 2 back in August. I was originally gonna record the 5, but I saw the Model 2 at the fire department from the tower, and I thought it had been replaced since the 2 was around 200 feet away from the 5. But no, both of them are active. It's very excessive for a town that's like half a mile across. :lol:
Anyway, the 5 was restored sometime around 2014 (the tag got painted over. sorry, no serial number). It was installed around the 70s-80s. I don't know why they decided to install a Model 2, seems like a waste of money to me, especially since that same 2 is now sick and you can clearly hear the 5 over it. :?

Leipsic, DE tests every weekday at noon along with Clayton and Smyrna. They have a Model 5 and a sick Model 2 that are around 200 feet away from each other.

Kent County tests certain fire departments' sirens at random dates. I'll list the supposed testing times here.
Smyrna(4x STH-10A, 1x 3T22A, unfound mystery siren that sounds like a T-112), Clayton (1x STH-10A), and Leipsic (1x Model 5, 1x sick Model 2): Every weekday at noon
Marydel (1x 10V): First Saturday at noon
More to come!
"Someday soon we'll stop to ponder what on earth's this spell we're under...
We made the grade and still we wonder who the hell we are..."
-Styx, from The Grand Illusion

Return to “Videos and Media”