rulesarecool

ACA P-10/15 plus other facts i want to know if they get brang up

Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:29 pm

I'm wondering. How do you tell a P-10 from a P-15? I know the different horsepower but they sound the same regardless and the decibel volume. If im 100 feet from a P-10 and P-15 They sound the same and hurt my ears the same. So im wondering how do you tell the difference
I only have a Model 5

Target spamming is getting annoying!

Chicagosiren-hunters
YouTube Username: Midwest Siren Productions
Discord: MegaSparkMach.3

Re: ACA P-10/15 plus other facts i want to know if they get brang up

Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:54 pm

As far as the exterior goes, there is next to no difference. P-15's were more commonly available in single-tone variants, which have a cylindrical intake cone, when you find one in the wild like that it's more than likely a P-15. Otherwise, both the 10 and 15 share the same conical intakes for dual-tone variants. As far as during a test, P-15 peak just a hair higher, and they usually have a quicker wind-up than a P-10. Examples are as follows:

P-10:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hROkfJAc580

P-15, note the quicker wind-up and slightly higher pitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf6EgVeHHxs
Proud owner of a Fedelcode Mach. 3 (dual rotor), Model 2, 3 A’s, 2 D’s, J, 76A, Interstate Machines F, Sparton 35, & Darley C987
>>> Track Forward >>>
25, engineer, and has an affinity for old sirens!

rulesarecool

Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:57 pm

Chicagosiren-hunters wrote:
As far as the exterior goes, there is next to no difference. P-15's were more commonly available in single-tone variants, which have a cylindrical intake cone, when you find one in the wild like that it's more than likely a P-15. Otherwise, both the 10 and 15 share the same conical intakes for dual-tone variants. As far as during a test, P-15 peak just a hair higher, and they usually have a quicker wind-up than a P-10. Examples are as follows:

P-10:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hROkfJAc580

P-15, note the quicker wind-up and slightly higher pitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf6EgVeHHxs
it's confusing though because all the P-15/P-10 I have found are common port dual tones. So basically i just assume that they are all P-15's?
I only have a Model 5

Target spamming is getting annoying!

Chicagosiren-hunters
YouTube Username: Midwest Siren Productions
Discord: MegaSparkMach.3

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:57 pm

rulesarecool wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:57 pm
Chicagosiren-hunters wrote:

[...]
it's confusing though because all the P-15/P-10 I have found are common port dual tones. So basically i just assume that they are all P-15's?
Like I said there's no easy way to tell on the exterior, save during a test. I label any new ones I find as P-10's by default unless I prove them otherwise.
Proud owner of a Fedelcode Mach. 3 (dual rotor), Model 2, 3 A’s, 2 D’s, J, 76A, Interstate Machines F, Sparton 35, & Darley C987
>>> Track Forward >>>
25, engineer, and has an affinity for old sirens!

siren fan

Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:04 pm

P10 sirens are more common mainly on price difference.

NotVoyager

Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:28 am

Bumpity bump.

Penetrator 10

The Penetrator 10 is a 10HP, Uni-directional Double tone siren. Here is some information from my wiki.

This model was the first to appear, slightly after the Allertor 125 and the short-lived ACA Howler, and was designed as the successor of the Allertor 125 to perfect the design faults the Allertor had. It uses the same 10 HP motor to drive the 9/12 port stator. This model can sometimes be differed from its look-alike twin, the P-15, by its intake cone. However it depends, because the dual tone P-15 shares the same intake cone as the P-10 does. The P-10 does not use the cylindric intake found on single tone P-15s. That is limited to the P-15 only.

Penetrator 15
This siren was nearly identical to its older brother, but is instead powered by a 15 HP motor. Some models have been equipped with dampers in the tube to create coded signals. After the American Signal Corporation change, this siren became known as the RM-127. There are some models left with Coded Dampers, but there are hardly and videos of them doing pulse.
(Replaced temporarily)

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”