E57
YouTube Username: Badischer Heuler

Re: ukranian siren ambience

Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:31 am

HudsonRiverSirens wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:05 pm
Do people in Europe mount sirens on houses? Like personal residences? In Europe siren videos i.e. Switzerland some sirens appear to be mounted on homes.
Actually this is the standard.
Usually the sirens are mounted on buildings which belong to the municipality such as the town hall, schools and the fire departments. If there isn't a house available in certain place, then private buildings can be used as a location, but they try to avoid it.
German siren enthusiast
I apologize for possible mistakes in grammar or language, English isn't my native language.

Kasey
YouTube Username: Kasey
Discord: Kasey#9793

Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:10 am

E57 wrote:
HudsonRiverSirens wrote:
Do people in Europe mount sirens on houses? Like personal residences? In Europe siren videos i.e. Switzerland some sirens appear to be mounted on homes.
Usually the sirens are mounted on buildings which belong to the municipality such as the town hall, schools and the fire departments. If there isn't a house available in certain place, then private buildings can be used as a location, but they try to avoid it.
I wonder why they don’t use poles. Either way I’d like to have a siren on my house :lol:
I have a thing for objects that light up or make noise.

E57
YouTube Username: Badischer Heuler

Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:55 pm

Kasey wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:10 am
E57 wrote:
HudsonRiverSirens wrote:
I wonder why they don’t use poles. Either way I’d like to have a siren on my house :lol:
So you don't have to dig holes into the ground which is more expensive in the installation process. In case of maintenance you can have access to the siren by using an exit hatch in the roof, so there is also no need to get a lifting platform from somewhere.
German siren enthusiast
I apologize for possible mistakes in grammar or language, English isn't my native language.

Csabi11
YouTube Username: Pöcegödör Szarfaszú

Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:52 pm

HudsonRiverSirens wrote:
Yes, In Europe almost all the sirens are mounted on buildings. Mostly France, Romania, Switzerland, Germany, Österreich
You can find my siren maps, pictures at this website: https://szarfaszu-pocegodor.webnode.hu/
Owner of: EK I 6 Port 220V Air Raid Siren, 4 Port Small Car Alarm Siren 24V, Police Siren with different Tones 12V

HudsonRiverSirens
YouTube Username: HudsonRiverSirens
Discord: gls5768

Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:46 pm

Csabi11 wrote:
HudsonRiverSirens wrote:
Yes, In Europe almost all the sirens are mounted on buildings. Mostly France, Romania, Switzerland, Germany, Österreich
But houses? Sure, sirens are mounted on buildings. That's normal.
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

Csabi11
YouTube Username: Pöcegödör Szarfaszú

Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:57 pm

HudsonRiverSirens wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:46 pm
Csabi11 wrote:
HudsonRiverSirens wrote:
But houses? Sure, sirens are mounted on buildings. That's normal.
Here is an example in Hungary.
Attachments
kép_2022-03-08_135738.png
kép_2022-03-08_135738.png (148.6 KiB) Viewed 2040 times
You can find my siren maps, pictures at this website: https://szarfaszu-pocegodor.webnode.hu/
Owner of: EK I 6 Port 220V Air Raid Siren, 4 Port Small Car Alarm Siren 24V, Police Siren with different Tones 12V

sheppardpat47
YouTube Username: sheppardpat47
Discord: Thomas Seminerio#2368

Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:04 pm

kb8vul wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:44 pm
Your kidding me right????
Those people are being invaded and are being killed and YOU are discussing what the damn sirens sound like???

I realize this is NOT a political site, and that sort of stuff should not be discussed here.. But for Christs sake, try to be just a little respectful of the fact those sirens are being sounded to warn of being (I jut typed a very naughty word here that I could get banned for!!!) BOMBED and missile attacks. Not some weather warning.
You're on a forum where we discuss about "damn sirens" as you say, you should calm down mate, we all know what's going on in Ukraine right now, his first post wasn't disrespectful or something he's just askins what is the siren in the background, that's all.
I'm Belgian
So... Never heard a siren before :(

Return to “Mystery Sirens”