NotVoyager

Grimsby and Cleethorpes Hormann ECN Sirens Removed

Tue May 10, 2022 7:07 pm

The inactive flood sirens of grimsby and Cleethorpes have all been removed as of discovery on May 8th, 2022. I was going down to take photos of them, however to my horror I saw the one next to the church on the tower was removed. I then went to the stadium. Gone. Went to the one in Freshney Place. Gone. They are all gone!

It’s sad to see my only local sirens gone, it’s really starting to get to me to the fact I have no sirens near me, and I’m a siren enthusiast.

What could I do to see more sirens? I Live in Grimsby and I really want to find sirens.
(Replaced temporarily)

HudsonRiverSirens
YouTube Username: HudsonRiverSirens
Discord: gls5768

Re: Grimsby and Cleethorpes Hormann ECN Sirens Removed

Wed May 11, 2022 1:18 am

This was, to be honest, one of my favorite systems. I really wish people would start recognizing the value in sirens.
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

NotVoyager

Fri May 13, 2022 9:28 pm

it’s sad to see rare systems gone. I am making my own custom siren which will probably be the only air raid siren in Cleethorpes and grimsby. I would of thought to see if they sold the ECNs, but I didn’t bother since the stupid protection services wouldn’t give a damn anyway. They just wanted it gone.
(Replaced temporarily)

Unit of Civil Defense

Sat May 14, 2022 1:37 pm

How often does this area flood? Does it pose a threat to life or property? The reason that I ask , is there a chance that these sirens are being replaced with new sirens that have the capability of being tied into a river gauging system that would activate the sirens should the waters rise above a certain levle in certain period of time, i.e a flash flood where the waters would rise suddenly with little or no warning, thus the sirens giving people time to evacuate the area and move to higher ground.
Rheems1 wrote: I petition that everyone who joins the board should have to put there age or year of birth in thier signature...32 here
....Lifes great, I'm 58

HudsonRiverSirens
YouTube Username: HudsonRiverSirens
Discord: gls5768

Sat May 14, 2022 7:57 pm

Unit of Civil Defense wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 1:37 pm
How often does this area flood? Does it pose a threat to life or property? The reason that I ask , is there a chance that these sirens are being replaced with new sirens that have the capability of being tied into a river gauging system that would activate the sirens should the waters rise above a certain levle in certain period of time, i.e a flash flood where the waters would rise suddenly with little or no warning, thus the sirens giving people time to evacuate the area and move to higher ground.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/grim ... mmissioned
More than 80% of the 33,000 properties at risk of flooding in the area now receive advanced warnings through the direct-messaging service, making the old sirens redundant.
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

Unit of Civil Defense

Sun May 15, 2022 4:00 am

...that sucks :x
Where my home is located there is no chance of flooding....near the top of a platueu that makes up the neighborhood, but I still pay heed to any flood related watches and warnings that effect this area.
The National Weather Service here in the states insist that runduncy is very important...have multipule ways of recieving adviseries, watches and warnings....you could throw the tornado sirens in this mix as well.
A few years ago my wife and myself subscribed to a weather notification system (cell phones) for Shawnee County (the county here in Kansas that we live in) ...it was o.k at first , but due to software issues it became a joke ...as an example, a severe thunderstorm warning would be issued by the National Weather Service ofice here in Topeka via weather radio for Shawnee Co. ...the storm would move East into the neighboring counties and then the weather notification system would broadcast the severe thunderstorm warning 15- 20 minutes after the storm that promted the warning for Shawnee Co. had exited the county.
Rheems1 wrote: I petition that everyone who joins the board should have to put there age or year of birth in thier signature...32 here
....Lifes great, I'm 58

NotVoyager

Mon May 16, 2022 3:29 pm

I have two questions:

There’s lightning tonight apparently, I might get my siren out and try get a recording of it in the thunderstorm. Should I do it?

Is it allowed to set off a siren in the uk? There are different answers all over the UK so I don’t know who to trust…
(Replaced temporarily)

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”