SilverThunder710YT
YouTube Username: SilverThunder710

Oil City LA Darley

Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:12 pm

Oil City has an outdoor museum-slash-equipment graveyard with tons of rusting metal apparatuses, such as tractors and steam boilers. However, when I visited Oil City a few years back (2018, specifically), there was what appeared to be an old siren. Upon closer inspection, I recognized it as possibly a Darley of some kind, and comparing what I saw to Darley models I can draw similarities to a Model 2, but in its condition, there was no telling what it was, although its small size was a surefire indicator of being a Model 2 from some company. Although most of the siren was gutted and completely covered in rust, inside and out, the old, crusty motor was still intact within the siren. I've unfortunately forgotten what port it was, but it was likely a 12 port. I've been wondering its origin since then, and if anyone could help me on where this siren was from, it'd be a huge help since I haven't been able to piece together any information whatsoever. (Streetview is no help; it only goes up to April 2014 and the siren is not there in any of the photos of the location).

The location is approximately 200 S Land Ave in Oil City, LA.
Siren geek from South Texas. Although I've loved sirens for years, I've only recently begun digging into the rich history of civil defense. I also proudly own at least thirty weather band radios.

HX56
YouTube Username: HX56

Re: Oil City LA Darley

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:26 am

Siren Enthusiast from Australia since 2012. Designer of the KEYTROL-K4 Siren Controller.

SilverThunder710YT
YouTube Username: SilverThunder710

Re: Oil City LA Darley

Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:03 pm

HX56 wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:26 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yimhI5K4tJI
Oh wow, that's incredible! I can confirm that yes, this is the abandoned siren I found! Thanks a million!
Siren geek from South Texas. Although I've loved sirens for years, I've only recently begun digging into the rich history of civil defense. I also proudly own at least thirty weather band radios.

Return to “Mystery Sirens”