SentrySterling
YouTube Username: MidMoSirens

3 Tests, 3 Fails Central Missouri 7/6/22

Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:42 am

I tried to hit Lake Lafayette, MO but there was a massive power outage in Odessa so no test. Then I found out Pettis County EMA canned they're test because it was overcast. So last hope was to hit Blackburn for the new 2001-130 located there. I get there and a lady from Saline County EMA was there to make sure it worked, but radio receiving for the radio failed.

I talked with the lady and she said that Saline County got 9 Modulators from a military facility in Oregon, which makes me think the place that she's talking about might be the Umatilla Chemical Depot, She also said that the Thunderbolt in Sweet Springs was on the chopping block to be replaced.

Anyways kind of bust but I got lots of decent pictures and this video from Blackburn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSgxIQfR0Cw
"Why am I on this website?" - Me

Mostly a forums lurker now.

MidMoSirens on YouTube
YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0mltE ... wScFSSrLrg

Bijay
YouTube Username: 5ijay

Re: 3 Tests, 3 Fails Central Missouri 7/6/22

Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:42 am

SentrySterling wrote:
I tried to hit Lake Lafayette, MO but there was a massive power outage in Odessa so no test. Then I found out Pettis County EMA canned they're test because it was overcast. So last hope was to hit Blackburn for the new 2001-130 located there. I get there and a lady from Saline County EMA was there to make sure it worked, but radio receiving for the radio failed.

I talked with the lady and she said that Saline County got 9 Modulators from a military facility in Oregon, which makes me think the place that she's talking about might be the Umatilla Chemical Depot, She also said that the Thunderbolt in Sweet Springs was on the chopping block to be replaced.

Anyways kind of bust but I got lots of decent pictures and this video from Blackburn

Strange. The Umatilla Chemical Depot claimed that the sirens in Benton County, WASH (MOD6048s) would be disposed of on their closeout sheet.

Were you able by any chance to see the Mods? 6048 with a MCP controller would be a dead-giveaway of it being Ex-Umatilla.
Holler!
Bijay/chefiBG
Your unlocal PNW resident!

Email : [email protected]

SentrySterling

Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:17 am

Bijay wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:42 am
SentrySterling wrote:

Strange. The Umatilla Chemical Depot claimed that the sirens in Benton County, WASH (MOD6048s) would be disposed of on their closeout sheet.

Were you able by any chance to see the Mods? 6048 with a MCP controller would be a dead-giveaway of it being Ex-Umatilla.
I got pictures of the Mod in Sweet Springs, however this is a MOD6024, I know it sounds odd but is it possible that they could have just ripped the second set of boxes of the siren?
Because I took a picture of this MOD6048 in Marshall in April of 2021, I came back for repair testing in November but now it only has one set of cabinets
Attachments
100_1471.JPG
November 2021 picture
100_1471.JPG (114.87 KiB) Viewed 821 times
100_0390.JPG
April 2021 picture
100_0390.JPG (2.34 MiB) Viewed 821 times
DSC03704.JPG
July 2022
DSC03704.JPG (119.26 KiB) Viewed 821 times
DSC03703.JPG
July 2022
DSC03703.JPG (119.76 KiB) Viewed 821 times
DSC03702.JPG
July 2022
DSC03702.JPG (115.83 KiB) Viewed 821 times

MidMoSirens on YouTube

Bijay

Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:52 am

I'm not very smart when it comes to Federal controls... did you ask when she acquired the sirens? That would most-defiantly kick us both to the finish line.
Holler!
Bijay/chefiBG

SentrySterling

Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:15 am

Unfortunately no, but there was a article I saw saying that 4 mods were installed in Gilliam, Sweet Springs, Miami, and Slater. I believe those were the first ones installed, the article was from around 2018, but the article is gone.

MidMoSirens on YouTube

Bijay

Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:24 am

That defiantly opens the door to the possibility... I sent you a request on Discord.
Holler!
Bijay/chefiBG

Return to “Videos and Media”