uuuuuuuuuuuuu
New User

Info on sirens in NYC?

Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:27 am

I'm not from New York City (NYC for conversation's sake) but watching a random old video of the subway has me interested in attempting to map what sirens could have been within NYC.
Video that shows a omnidirectional HOR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13iDbFzar7Y (this URL may not work, I haven't gone here in a while)
At around the 8:15 mark, there's a HOR on the roof of a station. A bit later, this station is revealed to be "13th Avenue". I also have some knowledge of the MTA NYCT system. That siren was on the Culver Shuttle, which ran parallel to 39th street, I believe.
There's also this photoImage
Feeling like mapping the former locations of the sirens of NYC. If you know of any, please feel free to pitch in!
TL;DR: Found photos of sirens in NYC, want to find the location for mapping purposes.
Last edited by Josh R on Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Poster left moderator note regarding edits they made to topic. Note removed, topic approved.

HudsonRiverSirens
YouTube Username: HudsonRiverSirens
Discord: gls5768

Re: Info on sirens in NYC?

Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:58 pm

Here's an (unfinished) map of NYC's legacy system. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... sp=sharing

As of today, sirens in the NYC area consist of the LaGuardia 1003, which AFAIK is inactive because it hasn't rotated in months. SUNY Maritime has 2 Eaton WAVES, a port in Brooklyn has 2 2905s, and there are 2 STH-10s, a T-112 and a 40V2T (I think inactive) which used to sound for Shabbat on Fridays
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

Brendan W
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: Brendan Williamson
Discord: Brendan W.#7026

Re: Info on sirens in NYC?

Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:15 pm

Oh hey, that's my map that I promptly forgot existed. If anyone wants to help on it I would not mind adding anyone to it.

Here's a photo for you all two. 125th St. station in 1978
24, and not dead yet.
Registered Skywarn spotter as of 4/29/18
Formerly TboltFan[/i]

Return to “Community Systems”