The Siren Board

Discussion of Outdoor Warning Systems
It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 2t22 wiring
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:21 am 

Hey guys, so I'm finally getting around to restoring my 2t22a, and I will not be able to wire it up any time soon due to a lack of power source for the thing, but now that I think about it, the more I realize that I know basically nothing about wiring up these things, and it's very hard to wrap my head around it.

The basic setup the siren has had since I got it was: an AR timer with lots of wires going into a gray box (i assume it's a motor starter, i haven't taken a look under the gray casing), an emergency shutoff switch, and finally the siren. No radios or anything, the town it's from is very poor. I have since un-wired the AR timer since it's all rusty from sitting out in the open.

So, what i am asking for is, I would like to be shown some way to wire this thing up so i can just press a button on the timer and have it go. I can inspect the gray device if necessary.

Also, where can I get a replacement cable for the siren? mine was cut between the two rotors, way too short to do anything with

Post subject: Re: 2t22 wiring
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:34 am 

Pictures dude,,, they really help.
If you have no idea how to connect this stuff... DON'T.
You're not talking about some toy siren that need s 9 volt battery. And you never even mentioned the power requirements single or 3 phase and the voltage.

Don't be dumb and hurt yourself. Find someone that knows this stuff to help you.... it's not anything you can learn on your own without having issues along the way.

Post subject: Re: 2t22 wiring
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:00 am 

If the internals of your AR are rusty, then do not energize it. If the internals are rust free and appear to be in good condition, then energize at your own risk. Use the forum search bar and type in AR manual, plenty of good information there. Based on the provided information, the siren was probably wired for 240, unless there's a control transformer in the starter box.