500AT

Van Buren Township New Sirens

Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:47 pm

Yesterday, I was riding with a friend of mine, and we found a brand new, freshly installed federal 2001-130 siren near the Willow Run Airport, in Belleville, Michigan. The unit was located at the southwest corner of Denton Road and Cedar Street, which is located in the small unincorporated area of Denton. I suspect this is one of the 13 new sirens in the township.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... tzIG_tx-EU

Sincerely yours,

Ron W.

"When your siren's a failin', chances are it's a Whelen."

C125

Discord: Bfdracer70#4651

Re: Van Buren Township New Sirens

Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:12 am

500AT wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:47 pm
Yesterday, I was riding with a friend of mine, and we found a brand new, freshly installed federal 2001-130 siren near the Willow Run Airport, in Belleville, Michigan. The unit was located at the southwest corner of Denton Road and Cedar Street, which is located in the small unincorporated area of Denton. I suspect this is one of the 13 new sirens in the township.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... tzIG_tx-EU
Sorry for bumping up an old post but do you know what Sirens were in Van Buren Township before the 130s

500AT

Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:08 pm

Van Buren Township had a Sterling M-10 at their old fire station #2 on M-17 (Ecorse) Road, west of Belleville Road. In downtown Belleville under the old water tower was a Federal model 5AT. This siren was pole mounted when the water tower was demolished back in the 1980s. The last I knew, it was still at the southeast corner of E Huron River Drive, and S Biggs St, behind the "Cool Cone/Get The Scoop."

Sincerely yours,

Ron W.

"When your siren's a failin', chances are it's a Whelen."

DominatorSirens

Discord: TheDominator

Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:04 pm

Belleville also has a GDC Type 341 on their police department. It is an 8 port model, and goes off every Friday at noon.
Just a guy who lives in Lenawee County, MI ;)

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”