echo1030
YouTube Username: O'ahu Sirens

ASC I-Force 1600 (Dual Tone) - Waikiki 2/1/2023

Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:21 am

Located at Ala Wai Boat Harbor in Waikiki, this is the only active ASC I-Force 1600 left in the entire state of Hawai'i. It's been upgraded with UltraVoice controls, and is dual tone. It replaced a yellow EOWS 612 that was still on it's original SiraTone controls at the time of removal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNhoDj9Hhs0
Last edited by echo1030 on Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.oahusirens.com
#DEFENDHAWAI'I
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka ʻĀina i ka Pono

OnlineRecords0
Discord: OnlineRecords0

Re: ASC I-Force 1600 (Dual Tone) - Waikiki 2/1/2023

Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:57 pm

What happened to the other IForce? Cool that they are still using a SiraTone.
•OnlineRecords0
occasionally around, who even knows.
8-)

echo1030

Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:47 pm

OnlineRecords0 wrote:
All the other I-Force’s were replaced with MOD6024B’s except for this one, due to it being in great condition still. The other I-Force’s solar panels had collapsed and the mounting hardware for them was not taking kindly to Hawai’i’s harsh climate. As for SiraTone controllers, there are currently none left in service within the state system. All remaining EOWS sirens that weren’t removed have been retrofitted with UltraVoice controls. This I-Force is on UltraVoice.
www.oahusirens.com
#DEFENDHAWAI'I

OnlineRecords0

Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:20 am

echo1030 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:47 pm
OnlineRecords0 wrote:
All the other I-Force’s were replaced with MOD6024B’s except for this one, due to it being in great condition still. The other I-Force’s solar panels had collapsed and the mounting hardware for them was not taking kindly to Hawai’i’s harsh climate. As for SiraTone controllers, there are currently none left in service within the state system. All remaining EOWS sirens that weren’t removed have been retrofitted with UltraVoice controls. This I-Force is on UltraVoice.
And a siren that new was just thrown out?
•OnlineRecords0
8-)

echo1030

Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:54 pm

OnlineRecords0 wrote:

Yup, as far as I'm aware they all went straight in the bin. The Dillingham East Gate I-Force faired the worst, dare I say worse than some of the mechanical legacy sirens. It only lasted about 10 years, and looked like an absolute rust bucket due to the corroding metal bracket atop the siren that holds the solar panels in place. The Ala Wai I-Force is the only survivor in the entire state. There is a green I-Force still standing in Hawai'i Kai, but it's been replaced by a 6024B & just sits abandoned on it's pole. The green I-force below is in Hawai'i Kai at Maunalua Bay. The White I-Force below was removed, and was located at Dillingham Airfield East Gate. Notice the solar panels have collapsed on the White I-Force. I took that photo around 2014-2015.
Attachments
IMG_9427.jpeg
IMG_9427.jpeg (83.91 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
Maunalua Bay Modulator 6024B & iForce 1600.JPEG
Maunalua Bay Modulator 6024B & iForce 1600.JPEG (1.4 MiB) Viewed 1739 times
www.oahusirens.com
#DEFENDHAWAI'I

OnlineRecords0

Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:39 am

echo1030 wrote:
OnlineRecords0 wrote:

Yup, as far as I'm aware they all went straight in the bin. The Dillingham East Gate I-Force faired the worst, dare I say worse than some of the mechanical legacy sirens. It only lasted about 10 years, and looked like an absolute rust bucket due to the corroding metal bracket atop the siren that holds the solar panels in place. The Ala Wai I-Force is the only survivor in the entire state. There is a green I-Force still standing in Hawai'i Kai, but it's been replaced by a 6024B & just sits abandoned on it's pole. The green I-force below is in Hawai'i Kai at Maunalua Bay. The White I-Force below was removed, and was located at Dillingham Airfield East Gate. Notice the solar panels have collapsed on the White I-Force. I took that photo around 2014-2015.
Is it just due to the fact that the MOD holds up and resists better?
•OnlineRecords0
8-)

echo1030

Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:25 am

OnlineRecords0 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:39 am
echo1030 wrote:
OnlineRecords0 wrote:

Is it just due to the fact that the MOD holds up and resists better?
In short, yes. The MOD’s have proven to be much more resistant to the climate here, given there are multiple MOD’s well over 20 years old in our system that are still running strong. The ASC controllers were also not compatible with the states activation protocols, so it made no sense for them to keep ordering I-Forces and slapping Federal UV’s on them. However in my personal opinion, Hawai’i would be better off with mechanical sirens, as they are generally louder than their electronic counterparts & the state does not use the Modulator’s voice capabilities at all.
www.oahusirens.com
#DEFENDHAWAI'I

Return to “Videos and Media”