carolinasignalco

PA sirens getting murdered

Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:04 am

in a recent visit to PA, i noticed something very sad and disturbing. quite a few t128s from tmi are gone. infact i didnt see even one. the one in paxtang, and the one near hershey are gone. the sterling m10 in rienholds, gone. it is nowhere on firehouse property. most soberingly, the 1003 in palmyra is gone also. the paxtang sht10 failed, not surprisingly. however not all is lost. I confirmed some 2x03 whelens at the distribution center at capital city airport. tragically i am to lazy to locate them via maps. but there are 3 in total. also. a federal model q siren was spotted and heard at the greble u pull it yard, in greble. idk if new ringold has a siren. it is underpowered, however it winds down good. runs weekdays at 3:30 pm, and 3:45 pm to signal the junkyard goers to leave. somebody needs to record it. it is attatched to the fence next to the battery shed, and can only be seen well if you enter the junkyard. coordinates are 4.42397N, 76.34945W.

here is one of the whelens behind tree Imageprint screen windows
another whelen Image
junkyard siren. the top is dented but i didnt take a pic
Proud owner of the Carolina Signal co, a mini siren manufacturing company.
I dont check my email!! please dont email me about mini sirens. i only respond to pms. (sorry) get used to typos

Sentry88

Re: PA sirens getting murdered

Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:09 am

Oh, no! That is not good. (I do hope someone gets a recording of the siren, though.)
Proud owner of nothing!
Hello, fellow siren enthusiasts. I am losing interest, but will be back on the board from time to time.

randompennsy77
New User
YouTube Username: Pennsy
Discord: Pennsy#4004

Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:45 am

The TMI sirens have been gone since January, and Paxtang's fire company was recently shut down, which is why the siren "failed". But what is confusing me here is the Thunderbolt in Palmyra being gone, same with the Rienholds Sterling. Could you PM me with some details regarding both, maybe some images? Thanks!
Seagrave fire trucks & iced tea, no better combination.

Local 6M enjoyer.

Bijay
YouTube Username: 5ijay

Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:19 am

Yeah I was about to say. TMI decommissioned back in September of 2019.
Holler!
Bijay/chefiBG
Your unlocal PNW resident!

Email : [email protected]

carolinasignalco

Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:05 pm

i know they decomissioned but i was under the impression that the sirens were given to the comunities for private use
Proud owner of the Carolina Signal co, a mini siren manufacturing company.
I dont check my email!! please dont email me about mini sirens. i only respond to pms. (sorry) get used to typos

Return to “Community Systems”