TotallynotaFS2001

YouTube Username: Elevating Northwest Tennessee

McKenzie, TN sirens are getting replaced!!

Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:45 am

:o After all I had in my other post, about sirens having issues in the town, 2 of the 3, 15 year old sirens are getting replaced.

The first siren they installed seems to be standing strong, at city park, is the one thats working- That is also the one siren I heard during that tornado warning.

Eastwood Drive and East Maple Avenue sirens are going to be replaced. I also noticed how run down they looked with all that green crap under the horns.. That was the East Maple Avenue siren.. I can only imagine the Eastwood Drive siren looks the same.

My neighbor’s daughter works at City Hall, and she told me about the sirens and the problems they had: Somebody had ran them for too long and burnt them out.. She also told me how they are going to make the sirens different pitches, like I don’t know what new sirens are going to be installed, but maybe custom high pitched Sentry 16V1T-B’s considering the fact that they currently have 15 year old versions.. Or maybe some FS2001’s witch are great. FS2001’s are in Jackson, TN’s system.

This is a good moment for me, and when those sirens get put up, I AM GOING FOR THE FIRST TEST!

(I unfortunately do not know what sirens are going to be put up, or if in new locations, but I will update when I can!)

metalstorm
YouTube Username: metalstorm1217

Re: McKenzie, TN sirens are getting replaced!!

Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:29 am

"Different pitches" probably means they'll sound them in attack mode similar to what Davidson County did several years ago.

Return to “Community Systems”