Flamber7
New User

KM Europ?

Sun May 14, 2023 12:08 pm

I found what I believe to be KM Europ 8/10 port sirens in France. The one painted blue is at the Normandy Memorial Museum, Bayeux. To my surprise, I unintentionally found the same one in the wild on the roof of The Hotel De Ville, Grand Camp Maisy. I didn't have time to take a photo as I was in the car, so this image is taken from Google maps.
Attachments
E6FD55E6-EDAF-4FC5-AA89-46F313E7507E.jpeg
E6FD55E6-EDAF-4FC5-AA89-46F313E7507E.jpeg (393.66 KiB) Viewed 2740 times
Screenshot_20230403_220957_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20230403_220957_Maps.jpg (205.24 KiB) Viewed 2740 times

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Re: KM Europ?

Tue May 16, 2023 3:02 pm

First one I'm fairly positive it's a PTR or an early Cicca, unfortunately there's very few if any information about these.

Cicca sirens are a bit difficult to identify, as Cicca seem to have made two style of sirens, older 1940's-1950's models with the 3T22-like "cone" and the motor at the bottom, and the later CEN (Constructions Électriques du Nord) style with the rotor being upside down (motor facing up, air intake on the bottom) mounted on a metal cage, aka "KMEurop/Finsécur"-style. (though the CEN sirens usually have a small, rounded motor, whereas Finsécur/KMEurope use "totally enclosed, fan-cooled" (TEFC), and the later Cicca sirens have a motor without cooling fins and a flat top but have a smaller cage under the air intake).

Sorry for the long wall of text though. Couldn't help myself explaining.

The second one though, it is definitely a KMEurop/Finsécur, not sure of the power of the motor though.
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

Flamber7
New User

Re: KM Europ?

Sun May 21, 2023 9:09 pm

Darley Champion wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 3:02 pm
First one I'm fairly positive it's a PTR or an early Cicca, unfortunately there's very few if any information about these.

Cicca sirens are a bit difficult to identify, as Cicca seem to have made two style of sirens, older 1940's-1950's models with the 3T22-like "cone" and the motor at the bottom, and the later CEN (Constructions Électriques du Nord) style with the rotor being upside down (motor facing up, air intake on the bottom) mounted on a metal cage, aka "KMEurop/Finsécur"-style. (though the CEN sirens usually have a small, rounded motor, whereas Finsécur/KMEurope use "totally enclosed, fan-cooled" (TEFC), and the later Cicca sirens have a motor without cooling fins and a flat top but have a smaller cage under the air intake).

Sorry for the long wall of text though. Couldn't help myself explaining.

The second one though, it is definitely a KMEurop/Finsécur, not sure of the power of the motor though.

No apology needed. Thank you for this :D

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”