Rick K

87502 Bearing Orientation in Thunderbolt Chopper

Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:19 pm

Hey everyone!! It’s been a LONG time since I’ve posted on here. I’ve been out of the siren hobby for about 8-9 years now after I sold ALL of my previous siren collection. A week and a half ago I purchased and picked up the former West Lafayette, IN City Hall Thunderbolt siren from another member here in MN. I will be restoring it soon here. I purchased new 87502’s for it and am wondering what direction the “bump” on the inner race faces (siren was fully disassembled when I purchased it). When you answer, please envision the chopper in the “installed position” for clarity. I’m looking for the “bump-out” location for both upper AND lower chopper bearings. Another member and I were talking on Facebook messenger and he said they both face the sky. I want to confirm that before I install them and run this thing. I don’t want to mess anything up over something so simple as bearing orientation.

Thank you!!

Rick K
Attachments
IMG_1064.jpeg
IMG_1064.jpeg (3.31 MiB) Viewed 658 times

LukeH

Re: 87502 Bearing Orientation in Thunderbolt Chopper

Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:34 pm

Hello Rick, and welcome back! You may try reaching out to Jeb McCraine on Facebook. Jeb is still installing sirens, though I don't believe he is active here on the board these days.
Resident Historian
Denver Siren Expert
Michigan

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”