sirensandfirealarms
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: SuperSirex127
Discord: SuperSirex127#3917

Re: Cincinnati Metropolitan Area Sirens

Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:42 am

probably should have posted about this sooner but Trenton also has a new 2001-130 at the corner of Wayne-Madison Rd and Dayspring Ln. i believe it was installed about a few weeks to a month ago.
Proud owner of 4 Model As(all in a state of disrepair), a USI siren, and a 16-port rotor from a Sterling M-10.

CincyTboltman
YouTube Username: W202fan

Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:26 pm

I'm not sure if Mr. Werden was notified of this yet, but the blower on the Federal Thunderbolt 1000T in Harveysburg was not working as of March. Someone got a video of this siren in action during the monthly test of March. The chopper seems fine, but the blower motor is presumably done for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW3kbR4MonU&t=121s
Siren enthusiast, gamer, car enthusiast.

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:26 am

During recent months, I have noticed that the T-128 on Reading Road next to the Norwood Lateral (OH-562) in Bond Hill is no longer there. I do remember when it was first installed, Mr. Werden complained that ANS installed it WAY TOO CLOSE to the street. When I look at Street View pics on Google Maps from the Lateral from December 2022, it doesn't appear to be there. I'm not sure if this was another siren that was "missing" when one guy I was communicating with through YouTube complained about the T-128 at Hamilton Ave & Springdale Rd being gone, and then the one in Greenhills as well. Depending, I wonder if this siren or a replacement was installed in a different nearby location? Right now, all of the Street View images on that part of Reading Road and other streets in that area date no later than 2021. I'll see if I can potentially find a new location somehow...
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

carexpertandy

Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:03 am

Apparently, sirens in Butler County were activated last night with no tornado warning issued. Looks like someone said they spotted a funnel cloud around Monroe, but really didn’t.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

carexpertandy

Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:48 pm

Well, what do people have to say about the "TunnelBolt" in Hamilton being reverse wired once again? Evidently, it was still running correctly back in May at least.

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:02 am

I find it to be rather funny. At least they’re maintaining it!
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

CincyTboltman

Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:21 pm

I'm not surprised about the TunnelBolt. Maybe they decided to reverse it as the community thought it was too loud? I know that particular one has been there since 1975-1977 as that was when Hamilton got their Thunderbolts.

Massie Township's 1000T at the spillway party supply near Harveysburg still has a dead blower. It has been called in to the EMA as of yesterday. Hopefully Werden or someone can get out there to fix it.

carexpertandy

Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:49 pm

Yesterday, I happened to notice that the T-128 on Nixon Street behind the EPA building was no longer there. It still appears in the latest Google street view images from November 2022, but if I get on the Hamilton County Auditor's website and look at aerial images of property around there, the latest images from December 5, 2022 don't show it there! Likely another case of getting struck down by a car, but I wonder if a replacement has been installed in a different location yet?

CincyTboltman

Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:03 pm

On Street View for 8885 Mayrow Drive in Symmes Township Ohio, there is a 2001 SRN with ASC boxes and a Compulert box.

I thought these were supposed to have Federal boxes? Wasn't the upgrade supposed to be canceled due to not meeting UL? It seems very strange to have ASC boxes on a 2001.

carexpertandy

Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:41 am

For whatever reason, all of the Loveland and Symmes Township 2001s were given the ASC control boxes around 2013. I never heard the exact reason.

Return to “Community Systems”