HudsonRiverSirens
YouTube Username: HudsonRiverSirens
Discord: gls5768

Re: Cincinnati Metropolitan Area Sirens

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:59 pm

carexpertandy wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:42 pm
Many of you likely know by now, but one of the downtown E-Class sirens is no longer located on Paul Brown Stadium… it’s now on Paycor Stadium!
I must say it was a true honor to have set foot in that stadium before its name was changed to something so unattractive! Cincinnatti's E-Classes are among some of my favorite mounts and the view from the top of the East Garage is breathtaking!
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

CincyTboltman
YouTube Username: W202fan

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:17 pm

fire_freak_57 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:33 pm
CincyTboltman wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:43 pm
fire_freak_57 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:27 pm

Just wanted to update, Goshen Twp has decided to deactivate their sirens permanently after the tornado.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/cl ... ens-failed

I think the current T-128s (if any still run with good batteries in them as they are "DC-Only"), will probably be run until they die and not be touched after that. I haven't read into anything officially so I'm not sure.
Yes, I'm aware about goshen Township's P-15 being permanently deactivated. I heard that it was not even hooked to a radio. It had to be manually activated. There wasn't enough time for them to activate it.
It should have had a radio on it, as far as I'm aware & from videos of it, it was radio activated along with the two T-128s in the Township. My understanding at least from the news was that none of Clermont County's sirens were activated before the tornado touched down, as there was about 90 seconds between the warning first going out and the tornado hitting, I think there was simply not enough time.

Maybe I was misinformed. I read some earlier reports that someone had to go into the station and push the button. Maybe something was wrong with the radio? They normally wouldn't have to do a manual activation if the radio was fine.
Siren enthusiast, gamer, car enthusiast.

CincyTboltman

Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:53 pm

Anyone know what siren used to sit atop Sycamore High School? I was reading an old article from the archives that stated the siren failed during the tornado of 1999. I know there's a T-128 adjacent from the school, but I'm curious what was there before.

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:44 am

Actually Sycamore Junior High, but strange that they have the high school's stadium there. But anyway, I got on CAGIS and looked at the 1996 aerial image, and you can see a Thunderbolt on the right there.
Attachments
sycamore junior high 1996.png
sycamore junior high 1996.png (707.27 KiB) Viewed 18948 times
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

CincyTboltman

Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:05 pm

carexpertandy wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:44 am
Actually Sycamore Junior High, but strange that they have the high school's stadium there. But anyway, I got on CAGIS and looked at the 1996 aerial image, and you can see a Thunderbolt on the right there.
That's cool. Thanks for the info! Never knew Sycamore Junior High had a Tbolt.

carexpertandy

Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:38 pm

Once again, Greenhills appears to be without a siren. Back in 2017, their T-128 on Enfield St. next to Bargains and Buyouts (former Johnny’s Toys building) was struck by a car and the head was knocked off the pole and later replaced with a new one, and today, I passed through and noticed the entire pole was gone! I’ll try to do some further investigation later.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

carexpertandy

Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:26 pm

Well, YouTube user Cincy 7707 just replied to me with a comment on Nick’s video of the old Greenhills Thunderbolt 1000T. He said he spoke to a person at the EMA, and they said “they can’t find sirens to replace the 3 that are missing, and it might take a couple years.” That would be Greenhills, the corner of Springdale Rd & Hamilton Ave, and one other somewhere. Not too surprising with the current economic conditions.

Josh R
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: SWOhioSirens

Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:34 am

Apparently the Hamilton County EMA will be doing a 10-second blast of the system on Thursday as part of “Fall maintenance”.

https://local12.com/news/local/cincinna ... er-27-2022#
Josh Reed
Moderator of The Siren Board
23, Ohio

Owner of a Federal Thunderbolt 1000BT, an AR Timer, and a gray 12 volt siren.

My YouTube Channel

Urbanexplorer
YouTube Username: 500 Internal Server Error

Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:39 pm

I'm in Fort Thomas at the moment and just heard Newport's Modulators go off for 3 cycles of Wail. Anyone happen to know why?
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Formerly known as "Conky 2000".

carexpertandy

Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:21 am

That's very interesting. I just tried searching everywhere I could on the internet, but haven't found anything.

Return to “Community Systems”