TboltTX1
YouTube Username: TboltTX1, Sentry40V2T

Re: Siren parts

Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:27 pm

If anyone needs a replacement wire fitting for the chopper wire on a Thunderbolt, here is the replacement I bought from Home Depot. The price is $2.24 as of 2/21/15.

The 1/2" fitting is the size needed (on the left).

Here is what it looks like once installed.

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:21 pm

Brushes for the large single phase Federal sirens w/ Northwestern and GE 7.5 HP motors

http://www.graphitestore.com/itemDetail ... &curPage=1

Valra Bellkeys
YouTube Username: Valra Bellkeys
Discord: Valra Bellkeys#0164

Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:02 am

Anyone able to find bearings compatible with a STH 10.. because I will be getting a chopper and a stator for a STH 10.. but nothing more then that.. So I can't do drill runs.. so I would need bearings.. I plan on dropping around 30 on it in the future.. if not a BIT more.. -More details on the siren in a different post later on-.
I own: One complete SiraTone, another SiraTone control module, a 1600W MC, 2 old ATI controllers, 2 round ATI horns with drivers, a ATI-DSA 4 thing, a Federal Signal FC, AR timer and Siratrol, and a small CD&F.

Brendan W
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: Brendan Williamson
Discord: Brendan W.#7026

Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:48 am

Valtonus wrote:Anyone able to find bearings compatible with a STH 10.. because I will be getting a chopper and a stator for a STH 10.. but nothing more then that.. So I can't do drill runs.. so I would need bearings.. I plan on dropping around 30 on it in the future.. if not a BIT more.. -More details on the siren in a different post later on-.
You don't just need bearings. You need the whole rest of the siren from what I saw on the auction page
24, and not dead yet.
Registered Skywarn spotter as of 4/29/18
Formerly TboltFan[/i]

Stormsetter4
YouTube Username: Stormsetter4

Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:53 am

Valtonus wrote:Anyone able to find bearings compatible with a STH 10.. because I will be getting a chopper and a stator for a STH 10.. but nothing more then that.. So I can't do drill runs.. so I would need bearings.. I plan on dropping around 30 on it in the future.. if not a BIT more.. -More details on the siren in a different post later on-.
If you are talking about this siren:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/391342492127?_mwBanner=1

You are gonna need a 10 HP motor for this to mount to, the chopper rides on the shaft and bearings of the motor. You can't just buy bearings and have a siren. Also, i assume you are talking about spending $30 on this, you are going to need a lot more than that to get it to run.
-Cruz Newberry
Table Rock Alerting Systems, LLC
Emergency Alerting Systems for Communities & Industry

Website

Youtube Channel

Valra Bellkeys

Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:00 am

stormsetter4 wrote:

You are gonna need a 10 HP motor for this to mount to, the chopper rides on the shaft and bearings of the motor. You can't just buy bearings and have a siren. Also, i assume you are talking about spending $30 on this, you are going to need a lot more than that to get it to run.

Oh, I am referring to that.. but I saw it on Craigslist... Anyway, I don't need a working motor :P I just need something to make Drill runs possible.
I own: One complete SiraTone, another SiraTone control module, a 1600W MC, 2 old ATI controllers, 2 round ATI horns with drivers, a ATI-DSA 4 thing, a Federal Signal FC, AR timer and Siratrol, and a small CD&F.

connerdstines

Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:19 am

Valtonus wrote:
stormsetter4 wrote:

Oh, I am referring to that.. but I saw it on Craigslist... Anyway, I don't need a working motor :P I just need something to make Drill runs possible.
Well then go to your nearest scrapyard and get you a cheap junk motor. They probably wont let one go for 30$ though.
Down to a Thunderbolt chopper, still a few goofy flashlight-siren combos, and a Model L.

Valra Bellkeys

Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:05 am

connerdstines wrote:
Valtonus wrote:
stormsetter4 wrote: If you are talking about this siren:

Well then go to your nearest scrapyard and get you a cheap junk motor. They probably wont let one go for 30$ though.
I don't think it would even BEGIN to fit on a STH 10 chopper/stator..?

connerdstines

Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:29 pm

Valtonus wrote:
connerdstines wrote:
Valtonus wrote:
I don't think it would even BEGIN to fit on a STH 10 chopper/stator..?
There is nothing special about the way those motors attach to the rotor and stator. Just find you a junk 7.5 or 10 horse motor with the same face/shaft diameter as the original(i'm sure you could find this info on the Board), put the thing together and run it up with a drill like you said you would.
Down to a Thunderbolt chopper, still a few goofy flashlight-siren combos, and a Model L.

SoundMaster 391
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: SoundMaster 391

Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:58 am

Sorry to bump this old topic but the indicator lights that are used on the AR and AF timer is called the Leecraft Snaplite. You can find the indicator lights here. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=le ... e&_sacat=0 .
Owner of a Federal Enterprises Model 2, Federal Electric Model D, Sentry F2 and AR Timer
Click here for SoundMasters YouTube Channel

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”