hobbeekid

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:48 am

Guess you were here a little before I arrived so welcome....welcome back.

cauberallies

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:52 am

Now that's a name i haven't heard in a while! Welcome back dude!

System 7000

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:57 pm

Welcome back! Although you were before my time here, it's great to see such a distinguished member back on the Board!

Regards,
Jerry.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Not sure if he has been activated yet. Some of you may remember:

http://web.archive.org/web/200108252140 ... index.html

Jim_Ferer

Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:22 pm

Wait a minute, that's not Blake Woods! It's WoodsBlake! (Reminds me of a TOS Star Trek episode where all the main characters were evil mirror images of themselves. Was that one "Turnabout Intruder?"

cauberallies

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Seeing that site really brought back some memories, Jason. I remember that picture of the red 3T22 with the bent horns had me thinking for a long time that that's how 3T22s are supposed to look. That was back in '98 or '99 IIRC.

It's hard to believe that I've been around here for that long. I'm barely 21, so that's more than half of my entire life! Anytime someone posts something like this, it takes me right back to the good 'ol days when we knew just a tad more than jack sh*t about sirens, and every picture someone posted was a big deal. If we were lucky, someone would post a recording or video maybe once a month.

And Dave, I can remember being 10 or 11 and talking to you through that voice chat feature on AIM, and hearing your pager go off for calls, and thinking it was the coolest thing in the world. :D

/nostalgic moment

Nelso90

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:07 pm

I remember being on dialup and seeing sites like these, and waiting like 10 minutes for an audio file to load up, and it was the coolest thing in the world, I had to go to my sister's house to do video, and it was awesome. Now I can navigate through pages of videos on YouTube and not even bat an eye. Simply incredible.

Rheems1

Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:09 pm

cauberallies wrote:Seeing that site really brought back some memories, Jason. I remember that picture of the red 3T22 with the bent horns had me thinking for a long time that that's how 3T22s are supposed to look. That was back in '98 or '99 IIRC.

It's hard to believe that I've been around here for that long. I'm barely 21, so that's more than half of my entire life! Anytime someone posts something like this, it takes me right back to the good 'ol days when we knew just a tad more than jack sh*t about sirens, and every picture someone posted was a big deal. If we were lucky, someone would post a recording or video maybe once a month.

And Dave, I can remember being 10 or 11 and talking to you through that voice chat feature on AIM, and hearing your pager go off for calls, and thinking it was the coolest thing in the world. :D

/nostalgic moment
Marcus,

It is amazing how time flies when we aren't looking, I can remember when I first found the Warningsirens.org site and board.. it was (just like Nelso said) a huge deal when a recording was posted.. same went for pictures. I can remember the voice chats with you too, our fire department was busy at that time.. I can remember the pager going off a couple of times when we were chatting and having to run LOL. I am glad that I had some kind of positive influence on you LOL! We really had no clue back in those days, we used to call the sirens as we saw them (the 4th of July rocket siren, the siren with the single row of horns, the rotating horn from ACA, ect, ect) and hardly anyone owned a siren (I think Eric Green was first with his Thunderbolt and than I got my Model 2 than after and it just followed)... now it seems everyone is buying Thunderbolts and 3T22's... stuff that we never dreamed we would own... can you remember when Chase Frost bought a Chrysler???? Holy dribbles in a glass Batman.. that was freaking HUGE.... he was like 14 and he had all of those sirens. Now look at him, he almost died in a house fire 2 years ago and is a nurse back in Texas... amazing how far we have come!!!

Daniel

Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:06 am

I think it was 1997 when I first discovered the old site. All I wanted to do was find out more about the Erick siren my home town had, but I couldn't help returning to the site.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:47 am

This website was first created on the internet around late 1996, with the ARS domain name registered sometime in early 2000

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”