The Siren Board

Discussion of Outdoor Warning Systems
It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:45 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:37 am 

YouTube Username: Siren_Psycho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNuVY_PDI74

Today was a fun day. Went down to Provo to hear the annual test of their Thunderbolt on the fire station, and before the test, I went inside to make sure the siren will go off. I got to meet the EMA director, and he showed me the RCM panel in the basement. I asked if he flips the blower switch when he tests the siren, and he said it's not functional. I film the test a few minutes later, and after the test, I told him about the blower's function and why it's so quiet. He offers to bring us up into the attic to see the blower, and while we're up there, he went down to the basement so he could flip the blower switch in the RCM panel to confirm whether the blower is functional or not. It wasn't, so we leave and go get food. As i'm eating, i'm talking to another enthusiast (Jared Harrel), and he passes down info from Cruz, suggesting I reset the motor starter for the blower. I tell the EMA director about this, and we headed back to the station to see if we can fix it. I pressed the reset button, went outside, and while he did have some issues working the switches in the RCM cabinet, he did eventually get everything turned on, including the blower. For the first time in over ten years, this siren was running at full volume. I wasn't able to get the best video because I was on the phone with EMA confirming what was turning on and what wasn't, but overall, today was one of the best days so far this year.

My Youtube Channel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

What a fun story and a great adventure! Good work!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:20 pm 

Interesting account! Pretty important you got the blower working.

Amateur HVAC, Siren, Car, Plane, and security and fire alarm enthusiast