lopezvmg
New User
YouTube Username: lopez

Siren siemens schurcket

Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:14 am

Hello, I am from Argentina and I wanted to show you my siren, it is old and I bought it without working very rusty and stuck, I could repair it, but I still could not test it much, I would like to get more information about it, it has an identification plate 8 ports, thanks
Last edited by lopezvmg on Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ohio_Man
YouTube Username: Billstern

Re: Siren siemens schurcket

Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:23 am

Since it's from Argentina and runs on 50hz it's probably going to have a different sound to most other 8 port sirens (eclipse 8, model 5 single tone, some sentrys) since those are 60hz.

I know there's a model 3 in Germany on 50cycles (no idea how an american siren got that far overseas) but I forget what port ratio that is.

Some guys use a power drill with a socket attachment to spin up a dead siren. If you can get it unstuck that will spin it.
21 Y.O. Student welder.

"This is my step van. I never knew my real van."

Brendan W
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: Brendan Williamson
Discord: Brendan W.#7026

Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:56 am

The only thing I can tell you about your siren is that it is pre-1966. That's when Siemens-Schuckert became Siemens AG. Welcome!
24, and not dead yet.
Registered Skywarn spotter as of 4/29/18
Formerly TboltFan[/i]

Ohio_Man

Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:25 am

Looking over the pictures again I noticed in the bottom right of the builders plate the number 5520. Is that a serial number or a date code? If it's a serial number it's probably mid to late production. If it's a date code I'd think 55-year 20- 20th day of the year. I could also be misreading the date.

It could also be a batch code or something, but I'm pretty sure it's some kind of serial number or date code.

Also since the rotor looks aluminum and I don't see any kind of positive locking device on the center bolt (thread lock, cotter pin, etc). I'd look into thread locker since you don't want that bolt to get loose when operating.
21 Y.O. Student welder.

lopezvmg
New User

Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:37 pm

Ohio_Man wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:23 am
Since it's from Argentina and runs on 50hz it's probably going to have a different sound to most other 8 port sirens (eclipse 8, model 5 single tone, some sentrys) since those are 60hz.

I know there's a model 3 in Germany on 50cycles (no idea how an american siren got that far overseas) but I forget what port ratio that is.

Some guys use a power drill with a socket attachment to spin up a dead siren. If you can get it unstuck that will spin it.
hello, the siren is already refurbished I just had to disassemble and unlock cleaning all the components, the problem is that I do not have an open place to test it, I turned it on for 15 seconds and it picks up speed very slowly and the sound is thick, I'm connecting it where do the letters a and f say is correct? the engine is with coals, thanks for the help
Last edited by lopezvmg on Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lopezvmg
New User

Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:38 pm

Brendan W wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:56 am
The only thing I can tell you about your siren is that it is pre-1966. That's when Siemens-Schuckert became Siemens AG. Welcome!
thanks for the information I did not know

lopezvmg
New User

Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:42 pm

Ohio_Man wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:25 am
Looking over the pictures again I noticed in the bottom right of the builders plate the number 5520. Is that a serial number or a date code? If it's a serial number it's probably mid to late production. If it's a date code I'd think 55-year 20- 20th day of the year. I could also be misreading the date.

It could also be a batch code or something, but I'm pretty sure it's some kind of serial number or date code.

Also since the rotor looks aluminum and I don't see any kind of positive locking device on the center bolt (thread lock, cotter pin, etc). I'd look into thread locker since you don't want that bolt to get loose when operating.
Hello, the turbine is made of aluminum and there is a key on the shaft that you cannot see and then the washer and the nut go, the serial number is not the one that says 3291854?

Ohio_Man

Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:31 am

You're right the 3291854 is the serial number. Looks like 5520 is either a date code or plant code.
21 Y.O. Student welder.

orestis

Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:19 pm

Hi there. Chances are your siren is an FM SI 36 variant, manufactured between 1935 - 1941.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”