The Siren Board

Discussion of Outdoor Warning Systems
It is currently Wed May 12, 2021 2:30 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:52 am 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:09 am
Posts: 42
Real Name: benjamin
Location: NSW, Australia
Karma: -1
In case you didn’t know, there is a Dual Headed Whelen 3016 and one head is painted Dark green and the other is painted brown , it is located in Canon Beach, Oregon and they test with “Cows Mooing”, I will provide a link about its system and an image to elaborate the siren. I’m not sure what controller it is but it’s a high chance it’s an 864 by the looks of them. But the system consisted of scrap or replaced sirens.

https://medium.com/west-coast-life-fran ... 30f0e683f1


Attachments:
[ attachment ]
355EB6DB-6572-4293-BF13-7BCD149CA72C.jpeg [ 66.5 KiB | Viewed 287 times ]
Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:36 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:19 am
Posts: 362
Real Name: Marco P
YouTube Username: Marco Pulone
Discord: Model L
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Karma: 1
Actually, the cannon beach whelens are both painted the green color. the brown is some sort of lichen or moss that has built up onto the sirens. their siren system used to consist of this siren, an omni whelen, wps 3000, and the 4 headed hornet plus an older whelen. they replaced the 3016 with a 4000 series and the older whelen was removed a while ago as well. this siren was still up as of last year when I took this picture.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NemFQZ ... sp=sharing

_________________
Resident of Portland/Beaverton Area, And own a Model L
17 years old
Laser cutting, 3d printing.
sometimes trains.
want to chat? send me a request on discord: Egress.#7444


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:49 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:08 pm
Posts: 350
Real Name: Magnus
YouTube Username: MA&PA Siren Productions
Discord: MA&PA Siren Productions#6187
Location: Harford County, MD
Karma: 3
Model L wrote: *
the 4 headed hornet
That wasn't REALLY a hornet, it was a bunch of 400H speakers slapped together.
Let's get back on topic
(mods, why did you move my post ._.)

_________________
You might think my neighbors hate me, but they think a weekly siren test brings back the tradition.


Last edited by championsiren on Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:02 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:09 am
Posts: 42
Real Name: benjamin
Location: NSW, Australia
Karma: -1
Model L wrote: *
Actually, the cannon beach whelens are both painted the green color. the brown is some sort of lichen or moss that has built up onto the sirens. their siren system used to consist of this siren, an omni whelen, wps 3000, and the 4 headed hornet plus an older whelen. they replaced the 3016 with a 4000 series and the older whelen was removed a while ago as well. this siren was still up as of last year when I took this picture.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NemFQZ ... sp=sharing
Off topic question: what controllers are they? I’m not the best with identifying most whelen controllers. And what do they sound like on their main tones?


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:32 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:19 am
Posts: 362
Real Name: Marco P
YouTube Username: Marco Pulone
Discord: Model L
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Karma: 1
SirensOfAustralia wrote: *
Model L wrote: *
Actually, the cannon beach whelens are both painted the green color. the brown is some sort of lichen or moss that has built up onto the sirens. their siren system used to consist of this siren, an omni whelen, wps 3000, and the 4 headed hornet plus an older whelen. they replaced the 3016 with a 4000 series and the older whelen was removed a while ago as well. this siren was still up as of last year when I took this picture.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NemFQZ ... sp=sharing
Off topic question: what controllers are they? I’m not the best with identifying most whelen controllers. And what do they sound like on their main tones?
don't know. I haven't heard them going off for a real emergency.

_________________
Resident of Portland/Beaverton Area, And own a Model L
17 years old
Laser cutting, 3d printing.
sometimes trains.
want to chat? send me a request on discord: Egress.#7444


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:58 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:46 pm
Posts: 342
Real Name: No
Discord: Gian #4034
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Karma: 0
Model L wrote: *
SirensOfAustralia wrote: *
Model L wrote: *
Actually, the cannon beach whelens are both painted the green color. the brown is some sort of lichen or moss that has built up onto the sirens. their siren system used to consist of this siren, an omni whelen, wps 3000, and the 4 headed hornet plus an older whelen. they replaced the 3016 with a 4000 series and the older whelen was removed a while ago as well. this siren was still up as of last year when I took this picture.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NemFQZ ... sp=sharing
Off topic question: what controllers are they? I’m not the best with identifying most whelen controllers. And what do they sound like on their main tones?
don't know. I haven't heard them going off for a real emergency.
Sorry to be off topic, but did the 3016s run off of seperate controllers?

_________________
"Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work!"
Black Lives Matter
Stop Asian Hate


Top
   
 Post subject: Cannon Beach, OR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:54 pm 
Online
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:00 pm
Posts: 1784
Karma: 12
Split off from the sirens with cool paint jobs thread.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Cannon Beach, OR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:47 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:19 am
Posts: 362
Real Name: Marco P
YouTube Username: Marco Pulone
Discord: Model L
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Karma: 1
yes, each siren head has its own controller

_________________
Resident of Portland/Beaverton Area, And own a Model L
17 years old
Laser cutting, 3d printing.
sometimes trains.
want to chat? send me a request on discord: Egress.#7444


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: 

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited