500AT

Unknown Siren Found In Missouri

Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:41 pm

While looking at the fire station in Sheridan, Missouri, I found a rather strange looking siren that I can't identify. Anyone care to take a guess as to what it is? It is located at the northeast corner of S.R. 246 and H.

Sincerely yours,

Ron W.

"When your siren's a failin', chances are it's a Whelen."

Federal Signal fan

Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:08 am

It kinda looks like a train horn... this doesn't do it must justice.

http://g.co/maps/s8c4h

Oh! I see what you meant. It's either a Model 5 or Model 7.

http://g.co/maps/gq9pn
So, apparently, I like Federal Signal...

thewoog34
YouTube Username: Thewoog34

Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:49 am

The first picture looks like there's a Nathan AirChime P3 or J3 on a pole... but the second one is a 5 or 7 on display, probably not active anymore. Perhaps you should try and get it?
What happened when Napoleon went to Mt. Olive? Popeye got pissed.

http://www.youtube.com/thewoog34

Federal Signal fan

Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:47 am

I'd like to see him try. Looks like a town display. You never know though... it isn't that fancy of a setup.

That horn looks like it could be a 5 chime also. If you go one arrow down the street towards the siren display, you'll see what I mean. I think their are a few facing backwards... I think it's Leslie. Look at the bracket the chimes are attached to. I'm thinking RS3L, S3L, etc. I have only heard of J3s on snow plows. Of course, I don't know much about train horns used for fire calls.
:)
So, apparently, I like Federal Signal...

Sirenguy02

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:01 am

thewoog34 wrote:The first picture looks like there's a Nathan AirChime P3 or J3 on a pole... but the second one is a 5 or 7 on display, probably not active anymore. Perhaps you should try and get it?
Why do you constantly say " Maybe you should try to get it". Why is it so important to you? If they want to get it then they'll try to get it. It like you're pushing people to get sirens they might not want.

Anyways OT: I think he meant the first link. As I'm sure he knows what a Model 5/7 looks like.
~Mitchell Tsokatos
Owner of a P-10 and Model L

thewoog34

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:32 am

Sirenguy02 wrote:
thewoog34 wrote:The first picture looks like there's a Nathan AirChime P3 or J3 on a pole... but the second one is a 5 or 7 on display, probably not active anymore. Perhaps you should try and get it?
Why do you constantly say " Maybe you should try to get it". Why is it so important to you? If they want to get it then they'll try to get it. It like you're pushing people to get sirens they might not want.

Anyways OT: I think he meant the first link. As I'm sure he knows what a Model 5/7 looks like.

I guess I never noticed that. I'm not really trying to push people to do anything, I guess I just don't like seeing perfectly good sirens being scrapped...

Sirenguy02

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:35 am

thewoog34 wrote:

I guess I never noticed that. I'm not really trying to push people to do anything, I guess I just don't like seeing perfectly good sirens being scrapped...
The thing was,what looked like, on display. Why would it be scrapped?
~Mitchell Tsokatos

thewoog34

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:39 am

Sirenguy02 wrote:
thewoog34 wrote:

The thing was,what looked like, on display. Why would it be scrapped?
It didn't really look like it was on display to me...it looked like it was just sitting there, rotting on the pole it used to be on. I'm not saying it WAS going to be scrapped, but that's the thing. You never know when they might want a little extra money and need the space for something.

Sirenguy02

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:56 am

thewoog34 wrote:
It didn't really look like it was on display to me...it looked like it was just sitting there, rotting on the pole it used to be on. I'm not saying it WAS going to be scrapped, but that's the thing. You never know when they might want a little extra money and need the space for something.
OK..Maybe you should try to remake your sentences in a better way because I thought you were talking about the 5/7.
~Mitchell Tsokatos

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:39 am

Meanwhile.. back on topic about the mystery siren...
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”