Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:58 am

ver tum wrote:Any idea what the tornado was rated?
The NWS never felt that it was necessary to come run a damage survey. I'd rate it as an EF-0 though.. the wind didn't do enough damage to show that it was above around 90mph. It didn't do much besides bring down a bunch of trees (some REALLY big trees) and take out a few utility poles. It went over a rural area for the most part, so nobody was hurt. Our EMA director stated that "there were no tornadoes" well he wasn't at my house at 12:50 AM in the morning. There's no way that it wasn't a tornado.. straight line winds doesn't keep one area very still and go completely mad in another area just 1/4 north of my home.

I'll never forget that sound though. Same exact sound that I heard when our school got hit by an EF-1 pushing 110mph winds on April 4th last year. There was more than just tree damage on that one..

Jeb saw the funnel cloud moving towards my house before it hit. He thought it was a really tall tree at first reflecting off the city lights.. but trees don't move across the sky lol.
TimeAttack wrote:How bad was the damage?
See above.
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

murrfarms
YouTube Username: murrfarms

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:06 am

Charlie Davidson wrote:Jeb saw the funnel cloud moving towards my house before it hit. He thought it was a really tall tree at first reflecting off the city lights.. but trees don't move across the sky lol.
I'll be honest, that scared the living hell out of me when he told me to come over there because he thought he saw it looking out your office window, and sure enough all I could see was this real dark, slender mass dancing around over the treetops toward the city. That backlit sky behind it from the city's lights reflecting off the low clouds made it even creepier too.
-Ian M.

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:48 pm

Charlie, this tornado's bark was worse than its bite. I thought for sure that it was an EF2 or EF3 when I heard that roar in your video. That's a pretty scarry sound to hear in the middle of the night.

Was this the first tornado warning you've ever sounded your Thunderbolt for?
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Return to “Videos and Media”