pyramid head

town firehouse

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:50 am

every day at 5 p.m. the local firehouse "tests" there siren for no apparent reason. it is blue- i know color is a stupid thing to list-kinda looks like a childs drawing of a christmas tree a triangular omni directional. if anybody want i could take some pics and see if any of you can verify the model or make.

SirenMadness

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:53 am

It must be one of the Models - a Model 2, Model 3, etc.
Blue? Nice, actually.
~ Peter Radanovic

pyramid head

Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:12 am

hmm, yup. ive also seen the one in morrisonvill and katieville which both have a white omni direction with only one row of horns. i have no real clue when i started to actualy care about sirens but it is indeed one of the things that sets me apart from all the other people in my town along with the longing for a b 42s tandem dumper at the local junkyard... im pretty strange you might say, :lol:
Last edited by pyramid head on Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SirenMadness

Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:17 am

Those are either STH-10s or STL-10s, but I'm not sure as to which of the two that is.
~ Peter Radanovic

pyramid head

Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:19 pm

Turns out the siren is a Model 3. I find the Federal "Mods" to be a bit dull looking. Where as the XT22's and just about all other Federal sirens to have more pazsaz! This is based on my own opinion, and i know other people think the world of them. But there would most likely be more complaining due to the extra DCB's! The fire house is right in front of a big community, and to the side there is another development along with a Mcdonalds.
Pyramid head walks into a bar... there are no survivors.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”