landmobile

Pink siren fundraiser

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:02 pm

The Sterling M5 restoration I finished in January will be part of a community-wide fundraiser from July through September:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/break ... ancer.html

http://pinksiren.org/
Chris Bors
Land Mobile Corporation

MysteryMachine

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:07 pm

That's awesome.
Jinx
Thunderbolt 1003A, Federal Model 7 (8 port), Fedelcode 5/7 (8 port), STL-10A, Single phase/tone ACA P-10, Sterling M5 16/16, IBM, Federal EG, Whelen Alpha 12Q

MysteryMachine

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:35 am

not sure why my phone double posted. People need to lighten up. Who cares if the siren sounds a billion times it's for a good cause
Last edited by MysteryMachine on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jinx
Thunderbolt 1003A, Federal Model 7 (8 port), Fedelcode 5/7 (8 port), STL-10A, Single phase/tone ACA P-10, Sterling M5 16/16, IBM, Federal EG, Whelen Alpha 12Q

SirenMN

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:42 pm

I think that is an awesome idea for a fundraiser! I also think it is really ignorant of people to grumble and complain about the method and the color of the siren (I'm refering to comments on the article's page). The whole idea behind it is to raise money for cancer research, so shut it and keep the comments to yourselves, right?

Jared H
YouTube Username: The Siren Seekers
Discord: shodowhater#1003

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:14 pm

I peeked at the comments too: One person said that it is misuse of a siren. however, upon checking out http://www.pinksiren.org/about-our-historic-siren/, i saw that it said
We ask that you pledge a sum of money every time the siren wails for a fire call here in Wyndmoor, and you will then know that while we do our part, you will be doing yours.
indicating that the siren will only go off for fires, they expect citizens to make a pledge of some kind.
Last edited by Jared H on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SirenMN

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:14 am

[quote="Jared H"]I peeked at the comments too: One person said that it is misuse of a siren. however, upon checking out [url]pinksiren.org/about-our-historic-siren/[/url], i saw that it said [quote]We ask that you pledge a sum of money every time the siren wails for a fire call here in Wyndmoor, and you will then know that while we do our part, you will be doing yours.[/quote] indicating that the siren will only go off for fires, they expect citizens to make a pledge of some kind.[/quote]

Well that is what I thought it said, that people would pledge to give "X" amount of money per fire alarm... and that the house usually does "Y" amount of calls per month. Therefore X times Y = total amount pledged... Sorry I had to get a little mathy. :P

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”