estokke09
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: estokke09

Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:28 pm

I'm coming for sure now, will be renting a motorhome and by June will have bought a utility trailer to tow behind it with a bunch of sirens! I'm going to try to have most of them fully restored by then!
Proud owner of a 3, CS3, Erick

Matt
Administrator
Administrator

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:50 pm

I'll bring down the hurricane, but just the head since the blower is as heavy as 2 thunderbolt blowers. I'll see if I can squeeze anything else in the truck though. Did we ever decide on a date?
videogamer
Matt Ullman

TNT1001
YouTube Username: TNT1001

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:02 pm

videogamer wrote:I'll bring down the hurricane
Good thinking, if Crazywarriorman brings his Hurricane, then that to me will blow away the show (or something like that)
Proud member of Siren Failure Unit, Atlanta Division. :lol:

Siren_Dude

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Haha maybe I can make this into a road trip, very unlikely but you never know. I could bring down some CLM's.
Your Canadian Siren Expert!
https://www.youtube.com/c/ColdWarCanada

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Stickied.

dilloncarpenter

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:09 am

Thanks Jason! :D

And holy crap guys, this is going to be insane 8) I can't believe I'm the one hosting such an awesome thing lol. With help though of course, can't forget the other people! 8)

I just made a post in the facebook group, and since not all of you are on there, I'll Ctrl+C it here...

I have been thinking about this a lot lately, and I'm wondering...how are we going to kick this thing off this year? For the meetup 'vets', you will remember that we all went to Eischen's for lunch and recorded a siren in Okarche for the Saturday at Noon test. Problems with that this time around:

-The group next time is probably going to be at least twice as large as the group was last time. Eischen's is not that big of a place, and they don't reserve on Saturdays. It is also not the cheapest place to eat. That means the cost per individual will be higher for the meet.

-As far as I know, Okarche only has two working sirens: a T-128 and a Screamer, both of which have been recorded by several people. On the other hand, there isn't much 'convenient' variety elsewhere, unless we all went to Moore, which is the exact opposite way to the farm from my house. I don't know of any towns that test out there on Saturdays, most are on the first Monday of the month. Except for El Reno, and I heard that they weren't too reliable on testing. The one time I did go there they didn't test. So we would have to figure out something that is not a major gas and time waste if we want to do that again. And I imagine no one really cares to hear a million Whelens in OKC and Yukon. -_-

Would it be a better idea to just not worry about that this year? Here is what I had in mind...

We all meet up at the farm at whatever time on Saturday morning. (I might stay the night the previous night just so I can get things prepared and be ready for anyone who arrives.) We all hang out, set up a couple of picnic tables outside (the farm house is not nearly adequate to have this many people inside it), and have a big cookout that day around 1-2 (or when everyone arrives). The rest of the schedule I will probably type in the description.

Of course, I would have to run this by my grandpa and get schedules lined up, but overall, what do you guys think?
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

dilloncarpenter

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:10 am

videogamer wrote:I'll bring down the hurricane, but just the head since the blower is as heavy as 2 thunderbolt blowers. I'll see if I can squeeze anything else in the truck though. Did we ever decide on a date?
Sweet! Don't worry about the blower if it is too much of a pain. And yes, Saturday, June 1st, 2013 is the starting date.

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:48 am

I'm gonna bring my Model A and L to screw around with if that's alright. Man I wish I still had that Thunderbeam... Anybody else bringing a 2T?
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

dilloncarpenter

Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:03 pm

I think Bryan might bring his 2T-120 again. It was cool because we radio activated it last time. 8)

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Welp.. I'll bring it anyways! If he brings it again we could have dueling 2T's lol
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”