JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Model Q in alert mode

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:13 pm

Haha, check out this video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3u6kZRr ... ed&search=

The Q siren on the fire truck got stuck, probably due to the foot switch malfunctioning. Anyway, with it being a working fire, the poor firefighters couldn't really do anything about the siren. At 5:30, you can see a fireman under the bumper trying to pull the hot wire to the siren. They succeed.

Rheems1

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:23 pm

I am surprised that thing didn't short out or fail as I don't believe they are rated for that much continuous action. Quite intersting when the engineer put his coat over it, if you notice that it cuts the sound but the RPM of the Q picks up. Very interesting!!

Dave

loudmouth

Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:56 pm

all tho this is posted in the wrong spot. the q droped RPM cuse it started eating the jacket and i figured that it cut of so manyof the ports so maybe it made it higher pitch? and plus the air flow is cut off its like putting your hand over the end of a vacume hose and hear the RPM rise due to the air flow is cut off.

Sorry for the random ness i been up since 8 Am yesterday and havent slept since plowing is money so i probly look like this :shock: due to caffeen

Daniel

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:06 pm

Sounds like an ATI at that speed.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Daniel

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:25 pm

loudmouth wrote:all tho this is posted in the wrong spot. the q droped RPM cuse it started eating the jacket and i figured that it cut of so manyof the ports so maybe it made it higher pitch? and plus the air flow is cut off its like putting your hand over the end of a vacume hose and hear the RPM rise due to the air flow is cut off.
Cutting the airflow reduces the resistance on the rotor, so it speeds up. Many motors like this are not intended to be operated for any period with less than the normal load. As far as eating the jacket, I guess they don't call them "bug grinders" for nothing. I once put my Model 28 on the ground and connected it with jumper cables. It started rolling around and sucking up bits of gravel, which it then distributed in all directions. Luckily I didn't damage the rotor, but I learned how much torque and suction those things have.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Shinkansen

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:45 pm

Daniel wrote:
loudmouth wrote:all tho this is posted in the wrong spot. the q droped RPM cuse it started eating the jacket and i figured that it cut of so manyof the ports so maybe it made it higher pitch? and plus the air flow is cut off its like putting your hand over the end of a vacume hose and hear the RPM rise due to the air flow is cut off.
Cutting the airflow reduces the resistance on the rotor, so it speeds up. Many motors like this are not intended to be operated for any period with less than the normal load. As far as eating the jacket, I guess they don't call them "bug grinders" for nothing. I once put my Model 28 on the ground and connected it with jumper cables. It started rolling around and sucking up bits of gravel, which it then distributed in all directions. Luckily I didn't damage the rotor, but I learned how much torque and suction those things have.
I would have LOVED to see that! :lol:
Blades will bleed. Shields Will Shatter. But as the light fades, will the Hero rise again? Or will darkness rein?

loudmouth

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:46 pm

thank you daniel you made what i was trying to say realy easy lol

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”