Rheems1

Country Lakes, NJ Siren

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:14 pm

I know that this siren has been the topic for discussion many times on this board, it has remained a mystery and is rumored to be a 2T22 vertically mounted. I visited Country Lakes and took many pictures of this siren (which are on the computer at the fire station right now and not with me). It appears to have an 8 and 12 port rotor, I know that is not a normal combination and I have no idea how it would sound, the only thing I can imagine would be that it could two seperate motors in there, one that spins the 12 port and one that spins the 8 port and this is how it accomplishes "coding" or zoned dispatching. I will post my pics as soon as I get to the firehouse... here is the siren gallery picture to refresh everyone's memory.

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:34 pm

If you look closely you can see the shutters that slide over the ports. That is how it accomplishes the coding effect. I'm pretty sure it has a single motor to drive the rotors and some smaller motors to work the shutters back and forth.

That's an old Fedelcode, by the way.

Daniel

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:20 pm

Perhaps it is set up like a 3T22 with a central motor and intake shutters. I don't see any external shutters, but it is to dark to tell for sure. Could it be actually 7/12 like that 2T22 prototype?
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:30 am

I saw that type of siren last month sitting on the ground near a fire station. I'm going back to get pics and see if I can inquire about it.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”