Alburnett2T22
YouTube Username: LinkSmokes420
Discord: Alburnett2T22

How do I build an electronic siren control cabinet?

Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:32 pm

In the future, I most likely will start a company that will manufacture sirens, and I need to know how to build a control cabinet like the Federal Signal SiraTone / MC Cabinet or the Whelen cabinets. So I'm saying I need to build cabinet that would have buttons that would play a specific tone, and have an AUX or some sound jack. The most thing I need to know how to build is the sound buttons (Signals / tones interface), What parts do I need to build that, and what do I need to use?

I would like to have the software information too, because I need to have the software to build one.
Last edited by Alburnett2T22 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud-ish owner of a sh*tbox CLM 92729DP

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Re: How do I build an electronic siren control cabinet?

Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:13 pm

There's no real way to do what you plan to do. Granted, you can build a cabinet with an amplifier with an AUX jack port in it, but the buttons would have to be put under software control. Programs like Flowol 4 will do that for you if you can find a supported physical interface which you can plug input devices (like a Flowgo and others. They may be hard to find though), like a push button you can set to trigger a tone.
If you think about your idea, it sounds just like ATI's siren control cabinet since they say it can play any tone you want. Really, it's a beefed up MP3 player, which is sort of what you want I presume.
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

Alburnett2T22
YouTube Username: LinkSmokes420
Discord: Alburnett2T22

Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Chem_Boffin_6589 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:13 pm
There's no real way to do what you plan to do. Granted, you can build a cabinet with an amplifier with an AUX jack port in it, but the buttons would have to be put under software control. Programs like Flowol 4 will do that for you if you can find a supported physical interface which you can plug input devices (like a Flowgo and others. They may be hard to find though), like a push button you can set to trigger a tone.
If you think about your idea, it sounds just like ATI's siren control cabinet since they say it can play any tone you want. Really, it's a beefed up MP3 player, which is sort of what you want I presume.
I would like to know about the softwares too.
Proud-ish owner of a sh*tbox CLM 92729DP

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:53 pm

Alburnett2T22 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:46 pm
I would like to know about the softwares too.
Flowol 4, which is the program that will do the job you want to do (it is also the program I am most familiar with) is a flowchart building program that can be used for practical purposes as well as educational purposes. It works in tandem with the FlowGo input/output panel and others like it that and it enables Flowol to receive input signals from switches etc.

Search it up, there's more about it on the interwebs!
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

Grasshopper

Tue May 02, 2017 3:07 pm

I suggest go to school for EET and Software Development. You should be able to learn everything you need to know.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”