loudmouth

the beauty of horns

Fri May 04, 2007 12:35 am

While working(my butt off) with my landscapeing company i was in the seacost town of rockport, when i heard the awsome beauty of there fire horn. Not a diaphone sadly but not quiet a boat horn type. any ways the sound projected of of the rocks and hills of the area and gave the horn a 2 horn sound. pure beauty to my ears. and to follow it up they still run the good old Mack fire engines and standard of all types. i realy felt like i droped back in time and just could imagine when the horns were used as the only commuincation device.

realy makes me want to become a Figherfighter ....

Daniel

Sat May 05, 2007 12:11 am

I once dated a girl that had horns, and they were not beautiful. :twisted: Seriously, I have never been a fan of diaphones. I grew up listening to horns sounding several times a day, so I enjoy them too, especially when they sound a musical interval or chord instead of only one note.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

squad2498

Diaphones

Mon May 07, 2007 2:50 am

Go to the Diaphone sight GlenCove NY have 2 diaphones that sound great Haunting too I havent been in a town nor heard a town near me witht them

Daniel

Mon May 07, 2007 3:02 am

That YouTube recording I made of the three air horns in Dunsmuir, California, doesn't do them justice. The town is in a narrow north-south canyon no more than a mile wide, and the echo of the horns and sirens together is amazing, especially when you're in a spot to hear both at once. The same is true when the iron bell of the Catholic church is rung. It echoes off the hills like the horns.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”