StevenWolf977

Re: Sirens in West Milford NJ

Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:57 pm

We’re not making any assumptions. The Model 2 is only 2 minutes away from Asphawa Fire Co 1. These are true facts. It replaced the 7A near Co 1. It’s a newer Model 2 that rusted away quick.

William

YouTube Username: CD Sirens NJ
Discord: Miner200

Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:07 pm

OK where are your sources. Are there any documentation that says that this happened. Just because it is two minutes away does not mean that it could’ve replaced it. Please provide documentation and factual evidence that says that the model two replaced the mystery siren.

StevenWolf977

Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:14 pm

Let me hear your sources about it.

William

Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:24 pm

As such I am still getting a contact the fire department, they do not answer any of their emails so it makes it painfully slow. However anything that I do say I count it as a theory. Do not say that it is fact.

StevenWolf977

Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:29 pm

Interesting. Fun fact all the West Milford fire departments have Facebook messengers. So you could ask them via there if that interests you.

William

Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:34 pm

StevenWolf977 wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:29 pm
Interesting. Fun fact all the West Milford fire departments have Facebook messengers. So you could ask them via there if that interests you.
Unfortunately I highly doubt they’re going to respond to that. I’m just gonna mail it to the PO Box. The worst that happens is I weigh some stamps. After that I think I’m just gonna contact the fire department directly and just go up to the front door on Monday. I know a lot of the firefighters there so it’s not gonna be weird. Also Mondays are tour days.

William

Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:39 am

Since I was on the topic of mapmaking today I decided to update this map. The sirens that have been updated are the Sterling M, The Federal Signal STL-10, and the Upper Greenwood Lake Fire Department Federal Signal Model 7. They're quite interesting updates.
Please remember that you must ask before using my photos. If you want to use my information directly please just make sure that you quote me. Thank You!

StevenWolf977

Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:09 am

William wrote:
Since I was on the topic of mapmaking today I decided to update this map. The sirens that have been updated are the Sterling M, The Federal Signal STL-10, and the Upper Greenwood Lake Fire Department Federal Signal Model 7. They're quite interesting updates.
Please remember that you must ask before using my photos. If you want to use my information directly please just make sure that you quote me. Thank You!
Saw the updates. That's so cool the STL replaced a Model B. Model B sirens are Federal Electric Type B's. When I messaged Upper Greenwood Lake in 2021 to ask why the 7A was inactive, they said they primarily use electronic notifications for fire calls.

William

Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:37 am

StevenWolf977 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:09 am
William wrote:
Saw the updates. That's so cool the STL replaced a Model B. Model B sirens are Federal Electric Type B's. When I messaged Upper Greenwood Lake in 2021 to ask why the 7A was inactive, they said they primarily use electronic notifications for fire calls.
After I went to autumn lights festival I had an interview with one of the fire men. Believe it or not there pager or notification device actually went off during the interview.

William

Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:12 am

There has been an update to the siren map. The update includes two previously undiscovered sirens. It is unfortunate that both of the sirens have been removed. Lastly, before I get questions Oak Ridge has this fire protection services from Community Fire department 2 in West Milford, New Jersey. Therefore the siren must have belonged to West Milford.

Return to “Siren Maps”