Justin

Lockdown siren

Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:35 am

mgear

Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:31 pm

Wow that's high pitched but I like it. And have you guys also had a real lockdown while you have been going to the highschool?
Sean Matt

Justin

Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:01 am

mgear wrote:Wow that's high pitched but I like it. And have you guys also had a real lockdown while you have been going to the highschool?
I've been a student there ever since Year 7 which was way back in 2002 now (and right before I joined these forums if I remember correctly, some time late 2002?) and this one has only been used three times since I have been there: once accidentally or testing, don't know and the other two by request.
Because of my DesignTech major project, I was able to get a recording of this handy device and also conclude that it still works which is good for the school; just in case it ever needs to be really used.

Fortunately, we have not had an actual lockdown. I live in an small country town where pretty much everyone knows everyone, and things like gun violence (with thanks to the gun laws we have here, but not necessarily towards airsoft; which is still heavily regulated) are minimal.
The most serious of incidents we've had at the school are just one-on-one fights between hormone driven idiots, but nothing as serious to warrant the use of the siren or a lock down.

mgear

Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:07 am

Believe it or not we have had one because of the gangster kids got the security officer's gun and so it unraveled from there.
Sean Matt

Return to “Videos and Media”