md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers

Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:12 am

SirenMaster2000 wrote:That's quite the sick-sounding T-Bolt. This one sounds even worse than the T-Bolt with the fast rotation and slow hi-lo. Very creepy indeed!
Got that right, I was thinking to my self "Oh this going to be another siren like the one that posted a while back last year on youTube". Wasn't exactly expecting the siren to sound THAT bad. :?

500AT

Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:51 pm

This siren is in O'Fallon, Illinois. At first, I thought it might be in Plymouth, Michigan, but the siren techs were out to work on that unit. However, this siren would scare the crap out of me, especially at night.

Sincerely yours,

Ron W.

"When your siren's a failin', chances are it's a Whelen."

kanazo

Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:54 pm

i think silent hill's better if they replace the siren with this one..
Greater Vancouver, 0 active sirens...

coyoteunknown

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:25 am

kanazo wrote:i think silent hill's better if they replace the siren with this one..
Random moment but I watched that movie last night. What manufacturer/model is that civil defense siren on the roof of that church? Doesn't look like any I've ever seen, at least not in the states.

kanazo

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:54 am

coyoteunknown wrote:
kanazo wrote:i think silent hill's better if they replace the siren with this one..
Random moment but I watched that movie last night. What manufacturer/model is that civil defense siren on the roof of that church? Doesn't look like any I've ever seen, at least not in the states.
/
maybe just a prop? or electric siren?

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:47 pm

Archon wrote:Sounds like the one from Plymouth MI It's a bad armature in the chopper motor. It is what is causing the problem
Not necessarily. Did you notice that the other sirens at the end were set to Attack? It sounds like a bad timer to me. I don't think the chopper motor could make up it's mind whether it wanted to be on or off. LOL. My roommate just heard this video, and she said it was pitiful. To me, it sounds like this TBolt is in excruciating pain. You could probably use this as a Halloween sound effect, and nobody would know what it really is.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

ver tum

Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:57 pm

500AT wrote:This siren is in O'Fallon, Illinois. At first, I thought it might be in Plymouth, Michigan, but the siren techs were out to work on that unit. However, this siren would scare the crap out of me, especially at night.
The one in Plymouth sounded like something was stopping the chopper motor from turning properly. This one winds down fine, so I don't think it has the same problem.
Josh
Audio
YouTube

SirenMadness

Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:27 pm

I don't know about you guys, but the part from 2:07 through 2:10 sends shivers down my spine.

In regards to the suggestion of a bad timer being the cause of a bad signal, I think that either a bad armature or oxidized slip-rings to the brushes are the problem.
~ Peter Radanovic

kanazo

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:03 am

SirenMadness wrote:I don't know about you guys, but the part from 2:07 through 2:10 sends shivers down my spine.

In regards to the suggestion of a bad timer being the cause of a bad signal, I think that either a bad armature or oxidized slip-rings to the brushes are the problem.
the discordant chord formed by echo sounds...thats the creepiest (and best) thing about sirens that are near buildings.

ver tum

Re: Very, very sick Thunderbolt

Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:58 pm

It could also be a bad electrical connection in the chopper motor, as the original YouTube poster said. The more I listen to it, that's what it sounds like to me.
Josh
Audio
YouTube

Return to “Videos and Media”