RamFett

P-50's in Kenosha, WI

Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:34 am

Not sure if anybody's posted this yet, but here's a video I came across on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wMq8Ir9 ... re=related

You hear P-50's winding down in the background. It would be better without the talking, but the sirens are still cool to hear. Plus that aquamarine color in the sky is really pretty/scary.

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Re: P-50's in Kenosha, WI

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:45 pm

There are quite a fiew videos on YouTube from this same storm. This is the same storm that 911 feed Jason posted came from. You can also hear the P-50's in that as well. Those are spooky sounding sirens. BTW, what is the difference between a P-50 and a T-135? They sound exactly the same to me.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

RamFett

Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:56 pm

ver tum wrote:There are quite a fiew videos on YouTube from this same storm. This is the same storm that 911 feed Jason posted came from. You can also hear the P-50's in that as well. Those are spooky sounding sirens. BTW, what is the difference between a P-50 and a T-135? They sound exactly the same to me.
Yes there are a lot of videos of this storm. I live in Milwaukee, so I was keeping a close eye on this storm. I could see the nasty clouds to the south when the warnings went out, so I'm really interested to see all the videos of the storm, especially with the sirens in them. The P-50/T-135 is pretty much my favorite siren, as well.

There is no real difference between the T-135 and the P-50 except the name. And that's only different based on when the siren was built. When the company producing them was still called Alerting Communications of America, or ACA, this siren was the 50 hp model in the Penetrator line, thus P-50. Later, when the company changed name to American Signal Corporation, or ASC, the siren was carried over as the 135 dB entry in the Tempest line of sirens. Thus T-135. Not sure exactly when the name change took place, but it was sometime in the late 1980's or early 1990's. You'll hear a lot of people who think you can tell which model it is based on the color (Yellow or Orange for P-50's, White or Gray for T-135's) which is not really a legitimate way to differentiate between the two.

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:18 pm

RamFett wrote:
ver tum wrote:There are quite a fiew videos on YouTube from this same storm. This is the same storm that 911 feed Jason posted came from. You can also hear the P-50's in that as well. Those are spooky sounding sirens. BTW, what is the difference between a P-50 and a T-135? They sound exactly the same to me.
Yes there are a lot of videos of this storm. I live in Milwaukee, so I was keeping a close eye on this storm. I could see the nasty clouds to the south when the warnings went out, so I'm really interested to see all the videos of the storm, especially with the sirens in them. The P-50/T-135 is pretty much my favorite siren, as well.

There is no real difference between the T-135 and the P-50 except the name. And that's only different based on when the siren was built. When the company producing them was still called Alerting Communications of America, or ACA, this siren was the 50 hp model in the Penetrator line, thus P-50. Later, when the company changed name to American Signal Corporation, or ASC, the siren was carried over as the 135 dB entry in the Tempest line of sirens. Thus T-135. Not sure exactly when the name change took place, but it was sometime in the late 1980's or early 1990's. You'll hear a lot of people who think you can tell which model it is based on the color (Yellow or Orange for P-50's, White or Gray for T-135's) which is not really a legitimate way to differentiate between the two.
Thanks for the info about the T-135. I suspected that they were the same siren.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Return to “Videos and Media”