ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Slightly sick Thunderbolt 1000T in Alert

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:40 pm

This is an old recording of the Thunderbolt 1000T that used to be at Birtha Trunnel Elementary School in Louisville, recorded a little over a quarter of a mile away, at Mom and Dad's house. It used to be located in the schoolyard between Trunnel Elementary, and Doss Highschool. In December of 2005, that siren was taken down because of steadily worsening problems, and it was replaced with a refurbished 1000T. The replacement siren was moved to Doss Highschool, near the football field, so it would be easier for Emergency Management to get to. I think this siren may have had a bad belt for the chopper, because it almost always would get hung up on a lower pitch during startup. Before they took the siren down, the lower pitch it used to get hung up on was the highest pitch it would go to. This recording was made on the second Tuesday of June, 1995. Sorry for the background noise. I had the tape recorder in a window, and I made quite a bit of noise opening the other window in the room, but it doesn't take much away from the recording. If anyone has any ideas on what could have been wrong with this TBolt, please let me know. Also, there's a high pitched dual tone siren in this recording, but I'm not sure what it is. I'm thinking it may be a higher pitched 1000T, but I can't hear the high harmonic. Does anyone know what the higher pitched siren is? You can hear it winding down at the end. I hope you enjoy this recording.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/2/3/1 ... 201995.mp3?

I have an even older recording of this sameTBolt in Attack from October of 1990, but I haven't converted it to digital media yet. I hope to post that recording soon.
Last edited by ver tum on Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

kswx29

Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:28 am

Cool recording, brings back memories of being over at my cousins during tornado warnings, they are a little under a half mile from a Thunderbolt.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

Return to “Videos and Media”